Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

2,150 posts in this topic

The font inconsistency is driving me nuts. Why would the slants on the C and S not be the same angle?? And WTF is up with that V?

3 people like this

Am I the only one who liked the Cavaliers logos and uniforms just the way they were? I didn't like the black or navy uniforms, but I liked everything about the Cavs' identity, from the logos, to the color scheme, to the fonts, to the uniform design with the exception of those two uniforms.

2 people like this

The previous wine, gold, white and navy uniforms were perfect. I get that some didn't like the font, but to me it was close enough to the 'Cleveland' in the primary logo to work fine. 

Everything is just sloppy and rushed. Almost like the Wizards roundel logo, where the text wasn't curved correctly and slivers of red showing through the uneven circles. 

Hopefully the uniforms will be better, but I'm not feeling very good about it right now.

2 people like this

Just a quick and dirty; I think they are pretty close to having a solid logo, but a bit too much detail going on

34210632633_86d63971ee_o.png

3 people like this

Just now, Kaz said:

Just a quick and dirty; I think they are pretty close to having a solid logo, but a bit too much detail going on

34210632633_86d63971ee_o.pngcavs fix by

Line up the L in Cavaliers with the sword and you have a winner. The V looks stupid but that's not your fault.

1 person likes this

R.I.P. to my favorite Cavs logo...

2003 - 2017 

Cavs Logo 2003-17.png

8 people like this

Navy and black? You gotta be kidding me...

7 people like this

Anyone else think the shading on this shield makes it look like a dreidel?

2 people like this

The Cleveland Cavaliers will wear their blue road jerseys for Game 1 of The Finals. The Cavaliers have worn that jersey for all prior playoff games this season.

The Cavaliers are holding onto their black, t-shirt style jerseys they wore in Games 5 and 7 last season for the "right moment."

The Cavaliers discussed which uniforms to wear against the Warriors for Game 1 on their flight back to Cleveland following Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals in Boston.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246103/Cavaliers-Wearing-Blue-Jerseys-For-Game-1-Saving-Black-T-Shirt-Uniform

I really hope we don't see those black t-shirt unis from the Cavs again. It seems ridiculous that they never wear them all postseason then wear them when they clinch the title.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

The previous wine, gold, white and navy uniforms were perfect. I get that some didn't like the font, but to me it was close enough to the 'Cleveland' in the primary logo to work fine. 

Everything is just sloppy and rushed. Almost like the Wizards roundel logo, where the text wasn't curved correctly and slivers of red showing through the uneven circles. 

Hopefully the uniforms will be better, but I'm not feeling very good about it right now.

I'm with you, I even liked the navy (maybe 2nd best of the set). I don't mind the simplicity of the word marks. They work well with the set, and somehow a simple, Midwest-gymnasium type set works for Cleveland and it's the least dated they've ever looked. A trendy angular typeface doesn't work for those jerseys at all.

Too much navy, too much black, and they shouldn't be together as others have stated.

I've wanted the Cavs to drop the navy and just be wine and gold for a long time, now they go a step further away from what I want.

The alternate shield has a cool concept, but just seems weird with the C, given that it has depth already and now you have wine on wine and just blegh. Plus, your eyes are drawn to the intersection up top, which is where a lot of shields have words. But instead you just see lines that look like a basketball. If they adjusted it so the C wrapped around the middle of the basketball design, I think it'd be a lot sharper.

Really wish they'd use the simple and elegant 2D C logo like in my avatar. It's so much better IMO. And go back to the 03-10 wordmark, and maybe bring back those first LeBron jerseys with minor adjustments and color changes. 

OH WELL. Another 7 years another Cavs identity. At least we kept the wine & gold.

4 people like this

I may be wrong, but i thought every new primary NBA logo since like 2015 was required to have a basketball, or the basketball style design somewhere in the logo...???

4 hours ago, MkDon said:

DBLUsCGVwAAxQu2.jpg

Thought "The Primary Logo" under the C-Sword is the NBA's term for a primary. :D

My quick observations:

-Primary shield and secondary shield do not match (outlines are different AND shape is different--primary "global" logo's edges are bowed-out)

-Navy AND black? Just pick one, darnit

-Wordmarks? Not a big fan. (Similar to Jags?)

-New "Cavs" wordmark is definitely beveled

3 people like this

24 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I may be wrong, but i thought every new primary NBA logo since like 2015 was required to have a basketball, or the basketball style design somewhere in the logo...???

There is no rule, but the league "encourages" teams to have one somewhere in their logo set (not necessarily the primary).

“What we encourage is having a ball in your identity. That might be in your primary logo or that might be in your secondary logo.” - Christopher Arena, the NBA’s Vice President for Apparel, Sporting Goods & Basketball partnerships

1 person likes this

The top of the black shield looks sloppy.

I don't think this franchise has had an identity that lasted more than a decade.

I think the "C" logo is still great, and I love the new word mark (although I'm a fan of the current, I think the new one combines aspects of the uniform mark + script mark pretty well). 

Not a fan of the global logo...don't think it's very well executed. None of the elements feel like they fit together naturally. 

I wish they'd just abandon the navy instead of hiding it.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I don't think this franchise has had an identity that lasted more than a decade.

Well they've had logos that lasted more than a decade, but uniforms might be a different story.  

for the time it spent leaked I thought the new pistons logo would've been added by now