College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

And I had a hard time watching that game too.

Again though, the bright yellow accents on Oregon’s green jerseys alone adds some more contrast with Boise’s blue, and it’s very possible that either team could end up wearing helmets and/or pants that are a different color from the jerseys. Even if they went full mono-green vs. mono-blue, there’s a decent amount of contrast between the yellow accents on Oregon’s green uniform pieces and the silver and orange accents on Boise’s blue uniform pieces. And I’d be really shocked if it ended up being mono-green vs. mono-blue anyways, especially since the Ducks just went mono-green for the Civil War. As I said earlier, I’m somewhat expecting the Ducks to go yellow/green/green, and their yellow helmets would provide a pretty stark contrast to Boise’s blue lids.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 minutes ago, bowld said:

Oregon likely wearing yellow if Boise is allowed to wear Blue

Not unless they’re breaking out new yellow jerseys, which I really doubt they are. As I said earlier, their current yellow jerseys don’t have the Vegas Bowl patches on them, and the EQ staff said on Twitter last week that they had already put the patches on the game jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oregon going chrome/green/green for the Vegas Bowl:

I’ll have to wait and see how this combo looks on the field before making a determination on whether I like it or not. I would’ve preferred white pants with this combo since the chrome helmets can almost look white in the sun. As it is, this combo is like the 2017 version of their 2012 Rose Bowl uniforms:

5858910.jpg

Also, it looks like the tights and undershirts with this combo have the geometric camo pattern that’s been on this season’s sideline and fan gear. I was wondering if that pattern would make an appearance on one of the uniforms this season, and I guess I have my answer. Now I’ll be curious to see if Boise State goes all-blue or if they’ll go with white or orange helmets and/or pants.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I know I should hate those Oregon helmets but I can't. They look too damn cool.

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes, both teams use crimson. That's partly why John  Blake changed the jerseys when he was the head coach at Oklahoma. 

Image result for oklahoma football jersey 1997

And he got fired quickly. :)

22 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Do Oklahoma and Alabama use the exact same color?  My eyes can't tell a difference

cfp-game-oklahoma-mens-football-jersey.jpgcfp-game-alabama-mens-football-jersey.jpg

Crimson/Garnet/Cardinal are essentially the same color (dark red) for the sake of apparel and the layperson. The only way you'd really be able to tell the difference (if any) is to put all the colors side by side but that isn't even a guarantee as there's no true definition for shades of colors, it's 100% subjective.

You want indistinguishable? Look at stanford and bama side by side.

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

Crimson/Garnet/Cardinal are essentially the same color (dark red) for the sake of apparel and the layperson. The only way you'd really be able to tell the difference (if any) is to put all the colors side by side but that isn't even a guarantee as there's no true definition for shades of colors, it's 100% subjective.

You want indistinguishable? Look at stanford and bama side by side.

To illustrate this point further, Alabama's "crimson" helmets and South Carolina's "garnet" helmets are both Riddell's "cardinal".. 

Got this info first hand from South Carolina's equipment manager (who was the top assistant at Bama before coming to SC)

1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I honestly hope we keep this uni style, i think it's really simple but effective.

I like it too, I think it’s a good mix of traditional and modern. Having said that, I wouldn’t mind seeing the wings back on the jerseys full time, as long as the green jersey, and one white jersey, has the fighting duck logo on the sleeves and a more subtle execution of the wing pattern, like the 2015 Rose Bowl jerseys: marcus-mariota-ncaa-football-rose-bowl-f

I think next season there’ll probably be a new set with a design similar to this year’s Doernbecher jerseys:

IMG_6943.JPG.eacf811d57f92b7d86bb62f6c9957758.JPG

I’m hoping they continue emphasizing green and yellow with their next set, with silver and black being used primarily as accents (except for a blackout set). As far as helmets go, I’d like them to keep the yellow and green helmets as is, along with the chrome wings, and maybe add white and black winged helmet options as well. Or just have plain white and black helmets and keep the chrome wings as the only winged helmet option.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Eh. Wish those were yellow helmets, but otherwise i can dig it. As long as Boise wears their blue helmets this could be a great match-up. I honestly hope we keep this uni style, i think it's really simple but effective.

I love the colors but I hate the sleeve stripes. Does not feel like Oregon to me.

Archived