MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

17 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Unless one is being replaced.  I'm going to assume it will be a road red alternate or a red "patriotic" jersey

Ypw29sK.png

So that's what it is.  But when I clicked on the link, it reverted back to the blue Stars and Stripes jersey 

Maybe it's just the example that got photographed, but the angle on the script is way too steep.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since all of them revert back to the navy stars and stripes jersey (except Turner, as of now) when you click on the them, I would assume this means this uniform will replace it, and the white stars and stripes jersey will be the main (and only) "patriotic" uniform?

Edit:

Seems that the Turner jersey and nameless jersey are the only ones that haven't been changed back to the stars and stripes jersey.

3 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Since all of them revert back to the navy stars and stripes jersey (except Turner, as of now) when you click on the them, I would assume this means this uniform will replace it, and the white stars and stripes jersey will be the main (and only) "patriotic" uniform?

Edit:

Seems that the Turner jersey and nameless jersey are the only ones that haven't been changed back to the stars and stripes jersey.

• Heat-sealed name and number on back of jersey

Uhm.... What the F are they talking about?

It says that for all the Nats 2018 jerseys,  sure as hell hope this is a glitch. 

Also here, will they charge $2-300 for a jersey with heat pressed name and number, this can't be right.

https://www.majesticathletic.com/mens-majestic-giancarlo-stanton-white-new-york-yankees-flex-base-authentic-collection-player-jersey/p-25444420091704+z-9064-1504198671

5 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Ypw29sK.png

Huh.  Apparently it's the same color as the Nationals Little League Classic uniform: a navy that's so dark it's nigh indistinguishable from black.

3 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Seems like the Nationals could have both the Curly "W" and the Nationals script navy blue jerseys. 

Would be a bit much if they had two white jerseys and two navy blue jerseys. It would be like when Milwaukee had two navy blue jerseys 

Pretty much the Minnesota Twins move.  I've always liked it when teams keep name at home/city away even in their colored arts.  If the Nats are doing this, I'm in.  I'd like them to only wear this on the road and everything else at home.

spacer.png

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Jungle Jim said:

Speaking of the Nationals, I love their use of the curly W, but the number placement looks horrible.  The Reds, for example, look much better.

reds-62313.jpg

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:3e90642adec1408585b7691d39186fe9-5AcxDF0Iat0b7b6043677ecca7c8-408_634x436.jpg

I have felt this way for some time, although not specifically about the Nationals. Any team that sets their front number below a parallel point with a singular chest logo looks absolutely bush league. It looks as if the t-shirt shop that heat pressed the letters and numbers on their little league jerseys didn't know what they were doing.

Yeesh, I just went on an old man rant, didn't I?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

On 11/26/2017 at 12:08 PM, Big Yellow Flag said:

I actually picked up a new A's BP cap, and I love it. The material felt a little weird at first, but then I put it on my head and fell in love. Fits nicely, feels good in my head, and I have to say, I love the plastic logos.

Finally saw these new hats in person today.  I only wear the 3930s so I was looking mainly at those.  Yes..they are a little different than we are used to but I really don't have a problem with them.  The new material will take a little getting used to, but I thought the fit was typical 3930 and it still looked fine on me.  I guess time will tell on the quality and longevity.  I didn't feel like picking one up today but I'm sure I will once baseball season gets closer.  I'd be willing to bet there will be some NBA and NFL options with this new material sooner rather than later. 

Yeah, I really dig this one. It's almost exactly what I wanted from a Nats' navy jersey for years.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That angle is almost like the early 80s Lakers.  It's a nice jersey, but the angle is a bit ridiculous. The number doesn't need to be that far up on the abdomen/side.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

NOB and number being different is completely fine - if...

1. the NOB is single color and the numbers are two-colored, and

2. the NOB color matches the outline of the number.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think there are exceptions to your rule, which is a good one, but the Nats jersey isn't one of them. The names should match here.

I'm still arguing that the Giants should have blue numbers and red names on the road if they must incorporate so much red on the road.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived