kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t find images to corroborate it now, but when the Cavs had floor designs with both Quicken Loans Arena logos on near the hard camera, they had to switch it so that one was on the far side of the floor for national TV games. It was bizarre.

Local TV games:

| 

| 

Logo | Logo

National TV games:

Logo | 

| 

| Logo

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Um, yeah, those Blazers' City Jerseys look really dumb on the court. 

I found myself warming up to them quite a bit as the game went on tonight. I thought the two-tone effect looked really sharp, and the thin red sash is a nice enough design element and one that ties into their classic look.

DrxlO4VXgAACczx?format=jpg

Celtics_Trail_Blazers_Basketball_71652.j

DrxVA5cVAAA4-Wk?format=jpg

That said, I did find the abrupt transition from black to dark grey on the player’s right side of the jerseys and shorts to be a bit odd without the red separating it. Overall, though, I thought it was a pretty solid look. It’s certainly not in the top tier of this year’s City edition uniforms, but it’s firmly in the middle, and maybe even cracking the top 1/3 IMO. Last year’s plaid set was definitely better and much more inspired, so if given the option I would’ve preferred them just asking for an exemption and re-using them again this year, but I’m mostly okay with this new set. I’m hopeful that next year’s will return to something more inspired, though. And I will say, based on the mockup of the red Earned set, I think those will end up looking quite good and better than these ones.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I found myself warming up to them quite a bit as the game went on tonight. I thought the two-tone effect looked really sharp, and the thin red sash is a nice enough design element and one that ties into their classic look.

DrxlO4VXgAACczx?format=jpg

Celtics_Trail_Blazers_Basketball_71652.j

DrxVA5cVAAA4-Wk?format=jpg

That said, I did find the abrupt transition from black to dark grey on the player’s right side of the jerseys and shorts to be a bit odd without the red separating it. Overall, though, I thought it was a pretty solid look. It’s certainly not in the top tier of this year’s City edition uniforms, but it’s firmly in the middle, and maybe even cracking the top 1/3 IMO. Last year’s plaid set was definitely better and much more inspired, so if given the option I would’ve preferred them just asking for an exemption and re-using them again this year, but I’m mostly okay with this new set. I’m hopeful that next year’s will return to something more inspired, though. And I will say, based on the mockup of the red Earned set, I think those will end up looking quite good and better than these ones.

I guess to each their own. But, I agree, the red earned jerseys look much better. The gray on these city jerseys are so unnecessary. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

We're getting the debut of these tonight ... one I loathe, the other I love ... pretty obvious which ones I'm talking about.

CLE_CE_1_3.jpgDEN_CE_1_3.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Didn't see this covered, but it looks like the Bucks have a secondary statement court to go with their black statement jerseys. Pretty much the same design save the arena name under the baskets.

MIL_CT_2.jpg

kimball banner.png

56 minutes ago, kimball said:

We're getting the debut of these tonight ... one I loathe, the other I love ... pretty obvious which ones I'm talking about.

CLE_CE_1_3.jpgDEN_CE_1_3.jpg

Both of those are A+ uniforms and are superior to the primaries each team currently has.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

52 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Both of those are A+ uniforms and are superior to the primaries each team currently has.

I'll give you Denver, but really ... Cleveland? I'm not a fan of the drab red, gold and black, but this is NOT better as a primary look than what they have now. 

kimball banner.png

Give me that Cleveland uni with wine on top, black on the bottom, and yellow lettering. I’d make love to it like it was my hand. 

Also, Sixers photoshop of Jimmy Butler shows him wearing 23, which is currently taken by a rookie. Their official roster hasn’t been updated to reflect the trade, so not sure if it was just a fast ps job or if the rook is changing his number. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

Also, Sixers photoshop of Jimmy Butler shows him wearing 23, which is currently taken by a rookie. Their official roster hasn’t been updated to reflect the trade, so not sure if it was just a fast ps job or if the rook is changing his number. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, kimball said:

I'll give you Denver, but really ... Cleveland? I'm not a fan of the drab red, gold and black, but this is NOT better as a primary look than what they have now. 

I have a personal bias toward blue and orange and love the colors together. I think the Cleveland script is pretty nice, and I think the colors are balanced well. Plus their regular uniform is just the worst, so their City set is a welcome deviation.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Give me that Cleveland uni with wine on top, black on the bottom, and yellow lettering. I’d make love to it like it was my hand. 

Is a player being able to change numbers midseason a new thing? I remember it being a big deal at the time when LeBron applied to change his number to 6 before The Decision 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived