College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Nice nof Kentucky to look like $hit on a national spotlight. No reason for black jerseys.

they look like they are wearing black scrimmage vests. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Video with some more looks at the Ducks’ Jumpman uniform:

The more I see of these, the more I’m thinking that they’re one of the better one-off/alternate unis they’ve had in recent memory. The overall design doesn’t stray too far from the design of their regular set, and the black and white color scheme looks pretty sharp with the subtle apple green accents. I think some more green accents still would’ve been nice, but I’m mostly fine with how it is now. Also, the whole Jordan Brand collaboration is executed pretty tastefully on the uniform IMO, with the number font not too dissimilar from that on their regular set, and also playing off of the Bulls’ classic block font, and the elephant print inside the numbers being as subtle as it is. The ‘O’ x Jumpman logo on the chest and hip is still slightly annoying, but it’s a pretty small detail and doesn’t detract from the overall look much at all. And lastly, I like that they chose to add some more flash to the gloves and cleats rather than making the rest of the uniform overly flashy. I still think they could’ve put some more green on the uniform like they did on the cleats, but again I’m pretty satisfied with it as is.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 11/2/2018 at 5:39 PM, BearW17hNoName said:

Baylor is wearing Sailor Bear on the helmets for tomorrow's homecoming game. First ever alternate helmet logo for the Bears. 0KCIUvj.jpg

I would have liked this helmet better had the logo been 10-20% bigger. It seemed too small on a lot of helmets.

And for some reason, I thought it was a decent matchup with OSU aesthetically. I really am not a fan of OSU's Ed Hardy stuff, but the black helmet with black facemask is better than orange or chrome facemask.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Purdue should have worn their normal unis.

Seconded.  Not sure when gray even became a school color, but I wouldn't have picked the Iowa game to wear em.  Too light, really, and they made the gold helmets look out of place.  Imagine that, a freaking Purdue uniform where gold looks out of place.?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

6 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Minnesota with chrome gold helmets that don’t match one damn thing with a white jersey and maroon pants...row that boat until it sinks!

Probably the most unwatchable game of the day. Minnesota looked terrible. Illinois looked terrible. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

The Duke-Miami game looks really great and part of that is because it's gross and muddy on the field. We don't get enough games like this with the artificial turfs everywhere.

I had to look up those highlights when I read this.  Love games like that.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Here’s some shots of the Ducks’ Jumpman uniforms in action yesterday:

22b_ucla_at_oregon143.jpeg

b91_ucla_at_oregon102.jpeg

46c_ucla_at_oregon21.jpeg

DrH7-hTVYAAMMUa?format=jpg

DrIYJYIV4AA4vpc?format=jpg

DrIDwHPU8AAvljE?format=jpg

I thought they looked really sharp overall, and even more so once the stadium lights came on. I really enjoyed the simplicity and restraint in the design, though I do think they would’ve benefited by having a bit more green in them. The number font looked really nice, and the green outline provided a nice splash of color against all the black and white. The cleats looked great too, and helped to further break up all the black and white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

With the exception of the wings on the helmet (which are difficult to see from most TV angles) and the small Oregon logos, nothing about that uniform says Oregon.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived