College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

19 hours ago, butlerpilgrim said:

Some rumors were flying around last week that Notre Dame would wear green vs. Florida State at home this Saturday.  

The following jersey has shown up on the bookstore in the past couple of weeks:

Here is a mockup of what it would look like on the field:

5ml3zm.jpg

Personally, not a fan of the navy blue numbers.  I think the greens look much better with white or gold numbers with the opposite color as the outline.  

Just looking at this now, I think it could look really muddy/not contrast well from a distance. Maybe it the outline was white it could look better or if the number was gold and the outline blue, but I don’t know how well blue numbers and gold outline will look.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, coogrfan said:

5bde756844256.image.jpg?resize=1200,894

Didn't much care for the outcome, but Houston at SMU was aesthetically pleasing. 

SMU is almost in the Texas Rangers' red hat-blue jersey-white pants zone.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Just looking at this now, I think it could look really muddy/not contrast well from a distance. Maybe it the outline was white it could look better or if the number was gold and the outline blue, but I don’t know how well blue numbers and gold outline will look.

The outline plays no role in helping this disaster.. The actual number color needs to be white or gold for this to be decent

On 11/6/2018 at 7:53 PM, butlerpilgrim said:

Some rumors were flying around last week that Notre Dame would wear green vs. Florida State at home this Saturday.  

The following jersey has shown up on the bookstore in the past couple of weeks:

jjmvpi.jpg

Here is a mockup of what it would look like on the field:

5ml3zm.jpg

Personally, not a fan of the navy blue numbers.  I think the greens look much better with white or gold numbers with the opposite color as the outline.  

So they finally bring back a regular green jersey, and of course UA screws it up. But it's not surprising, since it aligns with what's used for green uniforms in other sports, as well as green apparel:

0027449-gech-1280x720.jpg

Hopefully it looks better and has more contrast than the mock-up.

Also it's funny that Wimbush is the "On the field" example.

spacer.png

Virginia Tech going with the same combo from the FSU game (Matte Maroon, White, White) for their game at Pitt on Saturday

I was hoping to see their new orange pants for the final road game of the season. It doesn't seem like they will make an appearance this season. 

21 hours ago, coogrfan said:

removed for space reasons

Didn't much care for the outcome, but Houston at SMU was aesthetically pleasing. 

SMU is a school that should always look good but often doesn't.

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

Interesting helmets this week for Utah

College football must be stopped.

7 hours ago, burgundy said:

So they finally bring back a regular green jersey, and of course UA screws it up. But it's not surprising, since it aligns with what's used for green uniforms in other sports, as well as green apparel:

[dumping picture]

Yeah, ever since moving to UA, ND's used navy numbers, outlined in gold, on all of its green gear -- not just uniforms. The SID I worked with when I covered ND women's lax hated it.

It's almost as if someone heard all the "ND is navy and gold, not green" and wanted to make a point to incorporate navy into any green jerseys.

I wish they'd have worn the green for Michigan if they were going to wear it, though, but I'd be psyched if we rolled out in green Saturday. It's got enough tradition at ND that it should show up for one game a year.

6fQjS3M.png

10 hours ago, burgundy said:

0027449-gech-1280x720.jpg

Baseball too. 

DXUfoH0WsAAVA32.jpg

3 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Yeah, ever since moving to UA, ND's used navy numbers, outlined in gold, on all of its green gear -- not just uniforms. The SID I worked with when I covered ND women's lax hated it.

It's almost as if someone heard all the "ND is navy and gold, not green" and wanted to make a point to incorporate navy into any green jerseys.

I wish they'd have worn the green for Michigan if they were going to wear it, though, but I'd be psyched if we rolled out in green Saturday. It's got enough tradition at ND that it should show up for one game a year.

That's probably exactly what happened, and I've always hated that mentality. They've worn green for almost a century, and won several National Championships and Heismans while in green. But I do like that so many of the sports have embraced green recently, and it's nice to see the football team with a regular green again, even if it is with the worst possible number color. Although I fear that with Wimbush starting, It may just give people an excuse to continue believing the stupid "curse" of the green jersey.

spacer.png

Archived