College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

35 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

goGY5WU.jpg

At least they aren't doing the throwback from the 1969 game. Pretty frigging boring. I'm guessing they figured that these would be cooler than their regular uniforms which  are here:

Cn14oVg.png

You can see the fishnet pattern on that Rose Bowl jersey better here:

NVxewH4.jpg

Strangely enough they had home version fishnet jerseys for some games that season with the stripe pattern on it. The away jersey above (at Iowa 16NOV1968) was probably the heavier material since it made no sense to go to such a plain jersey before switching to  a white jersey with black numbers on the shoulders in 1969. 

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/10/97593/photos-from-ohio-states-1968-undefeated-national-championship-season

it's amazing how far sports uniform technology has advanced since then. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I wasn’t hinting anything regarding the Rose Bowl — just throwing it out there that it was the exact 50th anniversary of the national title and they already had that uniform in storage. Would have just made sense to wear it. And I can definitively say there hasn’t been any determination on it being the full-time uniform moving forward, though those conversations have been ongoing since their debut during the 2014 playoff. 

Small potatoes maybe. New Mexico bowl will feature North Texas in G/G/W vs Utah State in B/W/W. Due to gaudy silver on green helmets, Utah State wins uni battle. Still don't like it when both teams wear white pants. Uni announcements on school twitter pages.   As every year, I will be there in person to see them in the bright winter NM sunshine. 

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I also don't expect Nike to hook Washington up on their way out the door. I just hope chrome isn't part of their look. 

Hate the purple sleeves and armpit stripes. I like the purple chrome lids, but this is the rose bowl. No way they bring them out.  

Watching the FCS semifinal game between North Dakota State and South Dakota State.

I really like the jackrabbit logo on SDS' helmets. Just wish it was on both sides of the helmets. Shout out to the graphic artist that was able to make a rabbit logo that's cartoony and badass at the same time.

I don't like ND State's wheat/grain helmet stripe or their matte green helmets

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Looks like the Ducks will be wearing green for the Red Box Bowl on New Year’s Eve:

I figured this would be the case since they’d only worn the green set twice this season, compared to wearing the yellow set three times and the black set twice (and they had the one-off Jumpman uniforms as well). Chances are they’ll just go all-green again, but the bowl game would be a good time for them to finally switch things up and go with the yellow helmets and/or pants with the green jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

App State wearing their Sun Belt Championship Game jerseys with the New Orleans Bowl patch added to the left front shoulder. It's not a bad look but I think something like Michigan's 1998 Rose Bowl jersey with BigTen Champions patch would've look better. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Division 2 championship game.....both teams wearing black pants. Ewww.

Teams with purple should never mix it with black and another color. It gets too muddied up. I've only ever seen Northwestern have a decent balance of the two but they only use white or silverfor logos and numbers when they look the best.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Teams with purple should never mix it with black and another color. It gets too muddied up. I've only ever seen Northwestern have a decent balance of the two but they only use white or silverfor logos and numbers when they look the best.

I disagree.. the only issue is the shade of purple most teams use.. teams often try to use a dark shade that doesn't pair well with black, but with a proper purple, it can be a pretty good look..

This doesn't mean I think every purple team should go black-crazy, but I don't think the idea of purple and black is a bad one

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I disagree.. the only issue is the shade of purple most teams use.. teams often try to use a dark shade that doesn't pair well with black, but with a proper people, it can be a pretty good look..

This doesn't mean I think every purple team should go black-crazy, but I don't think the idea of purple and black is a bad one

Agreed, once the Rockies lightened their purple the look is so much better and less drab. The old purple was way too dark to work with black.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I disagree.. the only issue is the shade of purple most teams use.. teams often try to use a dark shade that doesn't pair well with black, but with a proper people, it can be a pretty good look..

Looking at Mount Union on Friday, they looked better when they copied the PBP that Northwestern used in the 1990s. When they go PBB with purple sleeves it's just plain ugly.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived