College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I think if these are TASTEFULLY mixed and matched, they are going to look really good

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I’m curious to see how much mixing and matching they do this year, and which combos they might break out.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they're going to be mixed and match much, if at all.  They have small details that seem, to me at least, to lock them into monochrome, from the neck down especially.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think they're going to be mixed and match much, if at all.  They have small details that seem, to me at least, to lock them into monochrome, from the neck down especially.

Agree.  Especially since there isn't much in the way of accent colors.  The green and yellow are too harsh to work with each other without the presence of black or white.

I think you might see them use the white pants at home with a green jersey, or wear the green/yellow pants on the road but that's about it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s some special gear for the Oregon coaches to wear:

sideline-oregon-mens-polo-9kxGk4.jpg

sideline-oregon-mens-long-sleeve-top-9CT

sideline-coach-oregon-mens-jacket-6t4v8F

legacy91-sideline-oregon-adjustable-hat-

Each of those four products have a light and a dark version, not just what I chose to show here. All of the new gear (except for the replica jerseys) can be seen here:

https://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/oregon-ducks/80oZbqj

Ah yes, the $100 long sleeve I've been dying for!

28 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don’t think they’ll do a ton of mixing and matching like they’ve done in the past, but I think we’ll at least see some combos similar to the ones I mentioned here:

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Off the top of my head, I’d like to see yellow/green/yellow, yellow/white/yellow, black/yellow/yellow, yellow/green/green, and maybe black/white/black. 

The yellow helmets and pants would work fine with both the green and white jerseys, and the black and white pieces could easily be combined (though I think they’d only combine the black helmets and pants with the white jerseys rather than using the white pants with the black jerseys. I’m not sure the green helmets and pants would really work well with anything other than the green jerseys, though, so I could see them not using those pieces with anything other than the green jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

With the 8.72M weed shops we have in Eugene, maybe they can go this direction:

8Z4Ou3P.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So... my alma mater of Prairie View A&M went to Adidas (as the rest of the SWAC, I believe) and I got excited. 

Aaaaaaaand, here's what we got. ? 

Dk1pcwiU4AIxMCn.jpg

So:
 - Purple numbers on Purple jerseys
 - GFGS 
 - The purple on the helmet doesn't match the purple on the rest of the uniforms
 - The EXTRA generic-ness of the entire set

Needless to say, I'm disappointed. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I'm still surprised that the white jerseys have no apple green and/or yellow.  It's almost as if they created them with the understanding that they wouldn't mix up the uniform elements that often.  It's really the only explanation as to why there's not a lot of crossover of colors across the uniforms, especially the apple green ones.

10 minutes ago, 29texan said:

So... my alma mater of Prairie View A&M went to Adidas (as the rest of the SWAC, I believe) and I got excited. 

[image]

So:
 - GFGS 

Wait. I thought you couldn't have numbers that were the same color as the jerseys. Or does the FCS not matter enough for somebody to make them stop? 

The two PVA&M players on the ends look great.  Purple-Gray-Purple and Yellow-Purple-Yellow.

The rest is blah.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Sounds like there’s more to come for the Ducks this year:

Wouldn't surprise me if there’s a second white jersey with apple green numbers and accents. That’s my hope anyways. Who knows what else they might have in the works, though. Possibly the white helmet that was seen in those mockups. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if there’s a second white jersey with apple green numbers and accents. That’s my hope anyways. Who knows what else they might have in the works. Possibly the white helmet that was seen in those mockups. 

Just look at how the latest promo shots that dropped today were labeled.  The greens were labeled "Oregon Green" and the yellows as "Oregon Yellow" but the blacks were labeled as "Alt Black" and the whites as "Alt White."  I get calling the black ones an alt, but when have you ever seen a white uniform labeled as an alt?  That makes me think they may also have another white jersey.

20 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Just look at how the latest promo shots that dropped today were labeled.  The greens were labeled "Oregon Green" and the yellows as "Oregon Yellow" but the blacks were labeled as "Alt Black" and the whites as "Alt White."  I get calling the black ones an alt, but when have you ever seen a white uniform labeled as an alt?  That makes me think they may also have another white jersey.

Yeah, that’s part of what made me suggest the possibility of a second white jersey. One with green accents would be nice so they can mix and match with the green helmets and/or pants. Also, with the exception of last season, they’ve generally had two white jerseys in rotation since about 2009, so that’s another reason why I’m thinking a second white jersey is likely forthcoming.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, 29texan said:

Dk1pcwiU4AIxMCn.jpg

So:
 - GFGS 

Why do teams keep doing that when they always look like crap and get themselves a penalty every few games a year? The greys almost look like there's a gradient but that could be the lighting. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Prairie View's equipment team posted a video of the uniforms on Instagram. Just the paused frame at the beginning shows the matte yellow helmets fade to purple. And they're hideous with that feature

Edit: Here's another look

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

7 hours ago, Webfooter said:

With how ordinary the template is for Oregon's new uniforms, I kinda wonder if they plan on moving it to another one later on, possibly one that's similar to what they're testing in practice right now:

Football Practice Report: Aug. 17

Yikes. Nice jersey, but that bow tie collar may be the worst.

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if there’s a second white jersey with apple green numbers and accents. That’s my hope anyways. Who knows what else they might have in the works, though. Possibly the white helmet that was seen in those mockups. 

Nothing would surprise me, to be honest. The fact that there are only four individual pieces of graphic design on the entire uniform, yet people are still polarized and talking about it ad nauseam is the reason things like this exist in the first place. 

Of course, that’s not to sound dismissive, nor to say I don’t like them. I do like them in the right context, quite a bit.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 hours ago, upperV03 said:

More shots of the new Oregon uniforms:

Dk072T4U8AA4xIs?format=jpg

Dk08DdhUwAASdsn?format=jpg

Dk07iWYUwAAgx5U?format=jpg

Dk07UiKU0AATqJb?format=jpg

These are starting to grow on me a bit more, especially the green and yellow versions, but there are still several small things that are holding them back IMO. That said, I’m curious to see how much mixing and matching they do this year, and which combos they might break out. Off the top of my head, I’d like to see yellow/green/yellow, yellow/white/yellow, black/yellow/yellow, yellow/green/green, and maybe black/white/black. I’d like to see the green helmet and pants used with the white jerseys, but I think they’d clash a bit too much.

I stand by my initial reaction... Uniforms by themselves are actually quite nice.  Numbers could stand to be  downsized  a bit.  Otherwise, not too bad. The white may be my favorite of them. 

On 8/17/2018 at 9:05 AM, upperV03 said:

If by version 1.6 you mean the uniforms that Mariota wore, then I’m completely with you:

chi-oregon-sharp-dressed-man2.gif

(Should be noted that there are a few combos in there that I didn’t like (the all-black with pink, the black/dark green/grey, and the black/white/grey), but it was easier to post this than a series of photos showing different combos).

my favorite Duck unis are from 2014. The jersey wing style from the Wash St game  and Rose Bowl are the best looking in my opinion. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, lahaye7 said:

my favorite Duck unis are from 2014. The jersey wing style from the Wash St game  and Rose Bowl are the best looking in my opinion. 

I also think this is where Oregon started getting away from a single uniform template/style and lost its clear uniform and brand identity.  The uniforms from the games you mentioned were initially introduced in the Alamo Bowl the previous season.  While I liked them when introduced, I was never a fan of using both uniform styles together.  They really needed to choose one or the other.  Then they made things worse by introducing another uniform style in the 2015 Alamo Bowl and a bunch of one-offs in 2016.  After 2017's use of the Duck mascot uniforms as the basis for the set and now the new set for 2018, I can see why people seem to think Oregon changes things way too often.  That's because they're on their 5th uniform design in the past 5 years.  However much I dislike certain aspects of the new set, I hope they stick with it for a bit.

20 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Prairie View's equipment team posted a video of the uniforms on Instagram. Just the paused frame at the beginning shows the matte yellow helmets fade to purple. And they're hideous with that feature

Edit: Here's another look

Did Adidas create pants with a metallic sheen again?!?! I like it

Archived