NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to wonder if EA Sports really hates the Chicago Bears. Between the orange pants and the orange facemasks, it seems like they really hate this team or something, and there's no excuse for these kind of mistakes considering they are the oldest team in the NFL and are a staple team.

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm starting to wonder if EA Sports really hates the Chicago Bears. Between the orange pants and the orange facemasks, it seems like they really hate this team or something, and there's no excuse for these kind of mistakes considering they are the oldest team in the NFL and are a staple team.

At least at one time, the orange pants were in the style guide - possibly as the primary road pants - so they may have just gone with that, even if in RL the pants never saw the light of day.  Can't say about the facemasks doe.

I recall back in '99, Madden had the Eagles - who had already been in year 4 of their midnight green set - black numbers on the green jerseys.  That was odd to say the least.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The white edges aren't new, although they do appear to be thicker.

100415-nfl-cincinnati-bengals-paul-brown

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

8 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

The white edges aren't new, although they do appear to be thicker.

100415-nfl-cincinnati-bengals-paul-brown

They're thicker and they've corrected the key issue with the B that so many people mess up - the holes are supposed to be filled in. That the team themselves got their own logo wrong is so Bengals and one of my many issues with that mark. 

They're supposed to be filled in with white. Glad that's finally corrected, though the real fix would be to go back to the leaping tiger logo. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

They're thicker and they've corrected the key issue with the B that so many people mess up - the holes are supposed to be filled in. That the team themselves got their own logo wrong is so Bengals and one of my many issues with that mark. 

They're supposed to be filled in with white. Glad that's finally corrected, though the real fix would be to go back to the leaping tiger logo. 

Totally agree with the leaping tiger.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

The B logo is so stupid, especially since making a "C" or even a "CB" would be just as easy.  A tiger head would be better than any letter would.

Have they ever used CINCINNATI in the end zone?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The B logo is so stupid, especially since making a "C" or even a "CB" would be just as easy.  A tiger head would be better than any letter would.

Have they ever used CINCINNATI in the end zone?

They use to at Riverfront Stadium.

a2cc1f9659e0019816e164095851c98a--arenas

bSLCtu2.png

It has always bugged me that the leaping tiger and the head logo were both oriented in the wrong direction.  Am I the only one that really prefers logos that flow from left to right?  This is especially true of football helmets, that must face to the right when depicted.

Looks like, in spite of the announced end of color rush, the NY Giants will be keeping their awesome throwback color rush uniform as an alternate for this season based on the team's instagram. Maybe other teams will follow? I liked many of them (I.E. Denver's "Past Meets Present"-style uniform and the Saints throwbacks)

g39qKAP.png

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

6 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Giants will be wearing uniforms based off the color rush set by 2020 no question in my mind. 

They should. Their Color Rush set is far superior to their road set. The only problem is the current road set is the look of their last two Super Bowl titles. Frankly, I think if you flipped the two unis' designations (maybe the current roads the alt and vice versa), then moved the 'GIANTS' wordmark as the primary helmet look, you'd have a near-perfect look.

9 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Looks like, in spite of the announced end of color rush, the NY Giants will be keeping their awesome throwback color rush uniform as an alternate for this season based on the team's instagram. Maybe other teams will follow? I liked many of them (I.E. Denver's "Past Meets Present"-style uniform and the Saints throwbacks)

g39qKAP.png

IIRC although the TNF "Color Rush Game" was bagged, teams still have the option to wear the Color Rush alts they have this season. I know the Lions intend on wearing their "all grays" at least once this season again. 

What I find more interesting about this pic is that Barkley seems to have a second throwback helmet which I thought was frowned upon. Then again this could've just been for purposes of the photo

Archived