Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

14 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

That actually doesn't look all that bad. But I need to see the full uniform.

That's my reaction as well. I generally don't care for the off-colored side panels/pit stains. I will say that I expected something WAY more outside the box given all of the rhetoric that had gone around regarding the update. At first glance, though, not THAT bad.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Kevin clearly hasn’t visited this place before.

I like the look, maybe an unpopular opinion. A red color rush would be fantastic! Love the look of the home navy, I can only hope everything else is this good. 

Yeah, its an unpopular opinion.

I share your opinion and am reserving judgement.  I'm a Chiefs fan, but right now, I'm kinda tempted to own this Mariota jersey.  I'm still hoping there are 3 red stars on the sleeves but I don't think that's in play based on the leak.    Excited to see the helmet and the rest of the set.

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Im confused, the previous Bucs road white jersey was white, and had no silver at all.  Can you clarify?

The all white combo always had a dirty look to it. Top 10 worst combo of all time.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Titans jersey is overall disappointing. i thought they would look more like the Texans but with the tapered yoke, darker navy, and loss of Columbia Blue they actually look more like the Seahawks. the number and wordmark really clashes, yet i almost like the 8 numeral— but they just HAD to put a damn spike on it. jeezus.

do not dig it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This jersey looks like them trying to introduce silver as a secondary color but keeping Columbia blue at the same time, and the result is just not balanced at all. If you're gonna go with hokey, cluttered, Nike-gonna-Nike design choices, the armpits should've been silver to go with the shoulder yoke, or maybe the yoke and armpit stripes could both have been Columbia blue. Either way, it's easier to just drop one color for the other.

As bummed as I would've been seeing Columbia go away, Navy with silver as secondary and red as a splash of tertiary would not be bad on its own. May as well be serious with a redesign and alter the logos and wordmark. In fact, navy, silver, and red as the scheme would make the T-Sword alternate a perfect primary as is. The number font is not great on its own, so on a cluttered, messy uniform they look even worse.

Not an unworkable atrocity, just not the greatest redesign job.

ICXC NIKA

24 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

Titans jersey is overall disappointing. i thought they would look more like the Texans but with the tapered yoke, darker navy, and loss of Columbia Blue they actually look more like the Seahawks. the number and wordmark really clashes, yet i almost like the 8 numeral— but they just HAD to put a damn spike on it. jeezus.

do not dig it

Any truth to the reddit dude who called the Titans new unis but also said Dolphins are getting a makeover of some sort that will "blindside" fans?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, GeauxColonels said:

That's my reaction as well. I generally don't care for the off-colored side panels/pit stains. I will say that I expected something WAY more outside the box given all of the rhetoric that had gone around regarding the update. At first glance, though, not THAT bad.

I agree which sort of makes the side panels disappointing. If the designers had stopped at the shoulder designs and new number font the uniform would probably be fine. The armpit panel is just that one bumper sticker too many. Which is the same problem almost every Nike redesign has suffered from. 

On Eve of Unveiling, New Tennessee Titans Jersey Possibly Leaked

April 3, 2018 - 17:53 PM

The Tennessee Titans are set to unveil their new uniforms tomorrow but if two photos posted to Twitter yesterday are to be believed there will be a little less of a surprise. I have no idea the original source of […]

Read More...

11 minutes ago, bwburke94 said:

What's with the number font?

Looks like they are going all-in on the sword.  Both of those holes in the 8 look inspired by the sword.  Ugh.

Regarding leaking, I would not be surprised if teams start doing really early leaks and if the reaction is bad, they'll say it was a hoax and go back to the drawing board.  (But not by leaking the day before).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

16 hours ago, GigantorinJax said:

If I am a Titans fan, I would hold off for 5 years and wait for the next redesign.

If this is indeed it, then I feel compelled to wait. Completely disappointed as I thought the Titans were about to develop something coherent with their identity. All the stuff they've used on social media, consistent font, greek meander pattern isn't even being used. Amazing.

Archived