2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

8 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The Warriors have too many weapons for the Pels to contain. As good of a defender as Jrue is, there's really nothing he can do against a 6'11" Durant. And even when Klay has an off shooting night, here comes Curry to pick up the slack with 28 points. If you're Alvin Gentry, do you put Davis on Durant? He might have to try that in Game 3.

Maybe AD will shoot some free throws in game 3. 0 FTA for a first-option center is pretty shocking.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The Warriors have too many weapons for the Pels to contain. As good of a defender as Jrue is, there's really nothing he can do against a 6'11" Durant. And even when Klay has an off shooting night, here comes Curry to pick up the slack with 28 points. If you're Alvin Gentry, do you put Davis on Durant? He might have to try that in Game 3.

Davis had four fouls in 42 minutes. You cannot have him check KD.

BTW, Durant played 41 minutes, just 1 foul.

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Maybe AD will shoot some free throws in game 3. 0 FTA for a first-option center is pretty shocking.

THIS.

Last night, AD and Jrue Holliday, who combined for 90 minutes, 48 field goal attempts and 36 points in the paint — just two shy of the Golden State team total on the night, both failed to record a single free throw attempt.   According to the refs, they were never fouled in the act of shooting.

It's even worse overall.  The Warriors attempted 27 free throw attempts on Tuesday night, but the New Orleans Pelicans only nine. This discrepancy looks even worse when factoring the 32-11 FTA disparity witnessed in Game 1. 

The biased or "home cooking' officiating isn't even subdued; announcers are even noticing it.  In game 1 the Pels were called for a foul; on our next possession; the Warriors do THE SAME THING and are not called for it.  Last night, we have Draymond Green's antics; Curry trips AD and gets away with it, while if you breath on Curry there's a foul called.

Sure, the Pels are having our own mistakes (turnovers, missed shots and such), but it's hard to overcome a one-way called game.

NBA is looking more and more like pro wrestling.

It is what it is.

Honestly, it's the Cavs that irk me more than GSW.

If you gave me 2 options:

1. Rockets beat Warriors, face LeBron in Finals

2. Warriors sweep Rockets, face a non-Cavs East team in the Finals

I'd take option #2

Cavs are annoying because because they’re just a really mediocre team being carried further than they have any right to be because of LeBron. 

Atleast GSW are a legitimately good team top to bottom. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

I feel validated today that Bill Simmons feels the same way I do: If Tristan Thompson is legitimately back, these Cavs are the favorite in the east. And just maybe against the Rockets if they make it through.

But supernova Curry (and a 2016-era Draymond) have shown that the Warriors are a mile ahead of the rest of the league. The Pelicans were about perfect last night and Curry was the difference, even in limited minutes. The rest of the league's only hope is, again, that the Warriors come up with an injury.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Am I the only person here that enjoys watching LeBron be great?

In the previous 11 seasons, we got a 3 year break with Boston's big 3 + a flukey (and apparently roided up) Orlando team but the East hasn't been able to present a reasonable, long-term threat to his greatness so I'll take LBJ. Boston and Philly might become league powers eventually, but until they do, i'd watch 7 games of LeBron over 7 games of most of these other Eastern teams of the last decade any damn day.

11 hours ago, TJKiddsHead said:

Nope, I really enjoy watching him. He’s at this uncanny level (and has been for some time) where he can do pretty much anything he wants to skill-wise on the court, and it’s fun to watch. Plus, this is history we’re seeing in him. Those who love history always wonder what it would’ve been like to watch the greatest athletes of all time; well, we’re privileged to watch one of them right now.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 hours ago, TJKiddsHead said:

No. I like him better when he's not on a stacked team because it spotlights how good he is. My sister-in-law is from Cleveland and a big Cavs fan and was pretty down after they got blown OUT in Game 6. I said "if I gambled on sports I'd put everything I have on Lebron winning Game 7 because he's Lebron". And then he did because he's Lebron. 

You could be Sabresule or Skip Bayless and not appreciate greatness when it's right there in front of you, but we're all watching something incredible. If he gets this unit to the finals (his 8th straight!!!!!) it'll be his best work since dragging a lottery team to the finals in 07. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

No. I like him better when he's not on a stacked team because it spotlights how good he is. My sister-in-law is from Cleveland and a big Cavs fan and was pretty down after they got blown OUT in Game 6. I said "if I gambled on sports I'd put everything I have on Lebron winning Game 7 because he's Lebron". And then he did because he's Lebron. 

You could be Sabresule or Skip Bayless and not appreciate greatness when it's right there in front of you, but we're all watching something incredible. If he gets this unit to the finals (his 8th straight!!!!!) it'll be his best work since dragging a lottery team to the finals in 07. 

The only reason he has a job is that he's like that crazy uncle that did drugs in the 70's and says the stupidest stuff every day. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Cleveland would be a totally different animal if they got the regular season contribution from both Jordan Clarkson and Rodney Hood, who both averaged more than 10 points a game. Also, Kevin Love playing like an actual second star on the team would change things a lot.

So how about those Jazz? 

Do you think Houston just got caught mailing it in or the Jazz figuring out how to beat the Rockets? Maybe a little bit of both?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

It'll occur on Monday too with Sixers/Celtics.

Yeah in a half-empty “sold out” arena. It’s absolute trash. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

You could be Sabresule or Skip Bayless and not appreciate greatness when it's right there in front of you, but we're all watching something incredible.

This is how people talked about Mad Men or the solar eclipse. I think I like it better when sports are sports. I'm better at watching them I am at beholding them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, kimball said:

So how about those Jazz? 

Do you think Houston just got caught mailing it in or the Jazz figuring out how to beat the Rockets? Maybe a little bit of both?

I think it's a little bit of both. The Jazz are a scary good team even when Rubio isn't on the court. But I think the Rockets won't mail it in again in Games 3 & 4 like they kinda did last night.

1 minute ago, See Red said:

Lebron James is unreal tonight.

He really hates Toronto.

Archived