MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

I'm digging these Brett Lawire stir-ups with the Packers pattern on them. Lol.

Yep, the sincerest form of flattery.

Now call the :censored: ing lawyers.

#meta

I actually just had the Bucks thread open as I read this and my mind was blown.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes it at least five different socks the A's has worn this season -- I might venture a guess that the socks Lawrie wore might be used for the throwback game? https://twitter.com/SamuelYLam/status/613126468151832576

Very nice. The A's socks game is on point. The Orioles are a distant second.

Andrew McCutchen had on striped socks tonight too. They looked good, but didn't really match the Pirates' jerseys.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

That makes it at least five different socks the A's has worn this season -- I might venture a guess that the socks Lawrie wore might be used for the throwback game? https://twitter.com/SamuelYLam/status/613126468151832576

Andrew McCutchen had on striped socks tonight too. They looked good, but didn't really match the Pirates' jerseys.

Yeah, not an exact match. No offset for the white from the gold. Still looks good though:

CIOiLSIUsAASrm5.jpg

Not so fast, my friend. I know I'm full of bias, but the only socks in the aforementioned photos that come close or are better than the Orioles' are the Packers-inspired set:

i_zpsdx8sv8rz.jpeg

14817819987_0c3137c144_b_zpsgqmqwoum.jpgimage%201_zpsst9xvswe.jpg

The only issue with the Orioles' set is that David Lough needs to stop wearing black socks underneath the orange stirrups*.

* -- I will forgive him for this transgression if he keeps hitting the ball the way he has the last 2-3 weeks.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Neil Walker rocking the same ones tonight. CITb7ERWEAE1af9.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CITb7ERWEAE1af9.jpg

CITb7ERWEAE1af9.jpg

Yeah, not an exact match. No offset for the white from the gold. Still looks good though:

CIOiLSIUsAASrm5.jpg

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The A's would have the best stirrups if the whole team could wear the same stirrups, rather than having 5 different options for socks and how they wear their pants differently, right now they don't look UNIFORM

Thank you. This sock confusion is really hard wading through when you're trying to portray the uniforms as accurately as possible. Wish they'd stick with one awesome striped version for the whole time.

I love the return of sock-display to the sport. All your cool stripes and such are making me feel inadequate, though. ._.

brett-gardner-d8f1ba367fbd2887.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

I can't help but think how much better each of these would look if they weren't stirrups. Obviously, those who wear the same color sick underneath look best.

I disagree. The traditional aesthetic for baseball, developed over more than 100 years, is for players to wear stirrups. Absent that history, I might agree with you. However, it looks better to me when players follow that tradition and wear stirrups.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't have a strong feeling about how low pants should be worn, socks v. stirrups, or stripes vs. no stripes. But seeing the players all do different things within the same team bugs me. It's not, um, uniform. If one player wears stripes, they all should.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I can't help but think how much better each of these would look if they weren't stirrups. Obviously, those who wear the same color sick underneath look best.

I disagree. The traditional aesthetic for baseball, developed over more than 100 years, is for players to wear stirrups. Absent that history, I might agree with you. However, it looks better to me when players follow that tradition and wear stirrups.

So you'd rather pick tradition over what actually looks good?

Archived