The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

Let me guess, Bruins were in on Yandle but didn't want to give up one of their "prospects?" Because they've had so many of their heralded prospects pan out. Such as the incomparable Zach Hamil, the incredible Jordan Caron, and the untouchable Jared Knight.

Paradoxically, they're happy to trade away the guys they draft in the top five.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me guess, Bruins were in on Yandle but didn't want to give up one of their "prospects?" Because they've had so many of their heralded prospects pan out. Such as the incomparable Zach Hamil, the incredible Jordan Caron, and the untouchable Jared Knight.

Paradoxically, they're happy to trade away the guys they draft in the top five.

Seguin can go for a bag of pucks BUT DONT YOU DARE EVEN THINK OF ASKING ABOUT DAVID WARSOFSKY.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This means that the Rangers will go four straight years without a first-round pick.

They had better win now, 'cause they're gonna be a bottom-feeder in five years.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

OK, here me out Jackets nay-sayers. The reason this team sucks is because of a God-awful defense and team physician. Like I think a doctor from Cambodia has around the same credentials as our doctor. As for why Jarmo is shopping Wiz, why not Johnson? The dude is not good, our fans give him too much credit. We should also look to trade our entire 4th line to Buffalo, so then they'll have a fighting chance of being decent. Because next year, I see our young guys playing up. And we should look towards getting a new coach.

That's what- She

Deven Dubnyk for all intents and purposes has basically saved Mike Yeo's job. They've been a completely different team since he arrived after that horrendous PIT loss and his tirade.

When did Devan Dubnyk get good? I remember him being awful as an Oiler.

In 5 years as an Oilers, Devan appeared in 171 games, starting 157. He accumulated a record of 61-76-21, with a .910 GAA, and a 2.88 GAA. He recorded 8 shutouts. According to Hockey Reference, he made a total of 77 quality starts. So a solid 49% of his starts. Yikes.

Also, as an Oilers fan, I can remember his positioning generally being terrible. Seeing him excel as he has this season has been very, very upsetting (even more than being an Oilers fan...)

Deven Dubnyk for all intents and purposes has basically saved Mike Yeo's job. They've been a completely different team since he arrived after that horrendous PIT loss and his tirade.

Same can be said for almost all of their current players too.

I'd like to say something about this to defend my favourite team, but I legitimately can't.

1425175351-U10338.png

Man maybe if the Sharks didn't have their heads up their asses, they could pass the Kings. Winnipeg just crushed them.

And Andrew Ladd with two goals against the Kings? What a sorry excuse for a captain. Am I right?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Look at Cheveldayoff, he'd been so behind in making player-for-player trades that he went out and got Lee Stempniak just because going out and getting Lee Stempniak was, metaphysically speaking, a thing he could do.

Bolts-Panthers really going down to the wire. Great finish. Hardly anyone's there, but the ones who are there are really into it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In 5 years as an Oilers, Devan appeared in 171 games, starting 157. He accumulated a record of 61-76-21, with a .910 GAA, and a 2.88 GAA. He recorded 8 shutouts. According to Hockey Reference, he made a total of 77 quality starts. So a solid 49% of his starts. Yikes.

Also, as an Oilers fan, I can remember his positioning generally being terrible. Seeing him excel as he has this season has been very, very upsetting (even more than being an Oilers fan...)

Same can be said for almost all of their current players too.

I'd like to say something about this to defend my favourite team, but I legitimately can't.

I couldn't agree more with anything you said.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Fell asleep today and had a dream. In this dream, The Blue Jackets traded Bob to San Jose for Joe Thornton and a 2nd Round Pick. Then, I woke up and realized, oh hell this could come true. Anything is possible with Columbus Management....

On another note, here's to another rebuilding year...

The 5th leading goal scorer of all time is a Florida Panther... Let that sink in.

I mean, Wayne Gretzky was on the Blues, so pretty much anything's possible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The 5th leading goal scorer of all time is a Florida Panther... Let that sink in.

I mean, Wayne Gretzky was on the Blues, so pretty much anything's possible.

Kind of a shame such a landmark career moment happens with a team he'll most likely play only a handful of games for. He's been in the league longer than Florida has!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I assume Buffalo's definition of a high end prospect is different from Boston's.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Fell asleep today and had a dream. In this dream, The Blue Jackets traded Bob to San Jose for Joe Thornton and a 2nd Round Pick. Then, I woke up and realized, oh hell this could come true. Anything is possible with Columbus Management....

I had a dream the other night, the Habs & Flames met in the Stanley Cup finals...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived