The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, this team is such a piss off.

Yup. There's many things to be irked about when you're a fan of this team and quite frankly, I think it's making many of them, myself included, wondering if we'd rather just buyout the rest of our interest and go find something else or some other team to spend our time and energy on.

It's taken you this long to feel that way?

Sometimes when you love a team for a long time, you are blind to ineptitude. Trust me, I know. I'm a Flyers fan.

Co-signed,

- Every Edmonton Oilers fan born after 1990.

1425175351-U10338.png

Remember when Buffalo wanted a first and a prospect for Chris Stewart. That's probably not gonna happen.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I liked Ben Smith, but he stopped producing this year. Joakim Nordstrom bringing serviceable and cost-controlled fourth-line play (he doesn't produce either) and Vermette busting Shaw down to third or fourth-line wing squeezed him out. I don't know what Desjardins will do, but I hope people pronounce his name right.

Remember when Buffalo wanted a first and a prospect for Chris Stewart. That's probably not gonna happen.

Minnesota for a second.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

God, this team is such a piss off.

Yup. There's many things to be irked about when you're a fan of this team and quite frankly, I think it's making many of them, myself included, wondering if we'd rather just buyout the rest of our interest and go find something else or some other team to spend our time and energy on.

It's taken you this long to feel that way?

Well, considering they've been relevant in terms of playoff talk for the last decade, we've had it kind of good, once you get past the whole stupidly frustrating playoff exists. But man, this season, after all those additions, I just had to have one of those moments. You know the kind. You hit it hard the night before and the morning after is pretty awful. You're hunched over, retching over the inexplicable moves that were done and in a brief moment of lucidity, when everything seems okay, you look up and think to yourself, "God, what am I doing with my life?"

Also, alcohol. Which, I suppose actually explains alot, doesn't it?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Olli Jokinen was traded. AGAIN.

Not surprising. Old bum is a throw-in in trade with bottom feeder, bottom feeder has no use for him, trades him to another contender for a token pick.

---------

I know a lot of people are whining that the Leafs didn't carve out their core, but who honestly expected that to happen at the deadline? We traded our pending UFAs for picks, which is all we needed to do.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Bucsfan56, AlexHouston - I can't even read comments on the Sharks Facebook page - some have good insight, while many others spew nonsense that gives the fan base a bad name.

As for the trades - nothing surprising, Doug Wilson is sticking to his words of clearing UFA's and bringing up the prospects, for better or worse.

Unless there's a deal still being processed (doubtful), looks like Niemi is staying put and getting the night off due to the back-o-back games tonight vs Montreal and tomorrow night in Vancouver.

Also, projected lineups indicated that Hertl will not be centering the third line, which contradicts the reason they traded away Sheppard, you know other than being a UFA.

So here's the Sharks and Canadiens post-trade projected lineups for tonight game:

San Jose Sharks

Pavelski - Thornton - Karlsson

Marleau - Couture - Nieto

Hertl - Tierney - Wingels

Scott - Smith - Goodrow

Vlasic - Burns

Dillon - Braun

Irwin - Hannan

Stalock

Niemi

Montreal Canadiens

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Eller - Plekanec - Galchenyuk

Prust - De La Rose - Smith-Pelly

Bournival - Malhotra - Weise

Markov - Subban

Beaulieu - Gilbert

Gonchar - Petry

Price

Tokarski

Well well, Bob Murray. You pulled some nice rabbits out of the under-the-high-noon-deadline hat.

Lovejoy had really come on and I was happy to see his growth in Anaheim, but getting Despres and Wisniewski is a nice haul and what the defense needed, I think. (I'm stoked to get Wiz back. I really liked his first tour in Anaheim.) And to shed the Borque/Brewer dead weight is a win in itself. (Now Boudreau won't be tempted to put them back in the lineup.)

Columbus, you'll like Wild Bill Karlsson. Young smaller center, but he's got nice vision and a wicked shot. Enjoy him.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived