The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just give 'em the Cup now and save us the waiting. Cripes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'M HAPPY THE KINGS GOT THAT TRADE THEY NEEDED BECAUSE THEY NEEDED IT AND GOOD FOR THEM. GOOD FOR :censored: ING THEM.

I hope they win tomorrow vs Ottawa, come into Anaheim with a nine-game win streak, and then get their :censored: ing teeth knocked in.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I predict a Kings/Blues WCF with the Blues unfortunately losing again.

Wait, hold on. You think St. Louis is going to the WCF, even though they haven't won a game in an actual semifinal series since 2002? Not only that, but post lockout, they're 8-17 in the postseason. Blues are paper thin until proven otherwise.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I think the Blues are due to learn from their previous post season failures and make a run. Part hunch, part wishful thinking because I love their new uniforms. Nashville has been spectacular this season but so was Colorado last year. Not saying they will suffer the same fate but I'm not convinced they are unstoppable... Not yet anyways.

I think the Blues are due to learn from their previous post season failures and make a run. Part hunch, part wishful thinking because I love their new uniforms. Nashville has been spectacular this season but so was Colorado last year. Not saying they will suffer the same fate but I'm not convinced they are unstoppable... Not yet anyways.

My exact thoughts on the Predators. They could very well run the table, but if I was forced to gamble there are a lot of other teams I'd feel safer puttin m money on.

untitled-6.jpg

What about Nashville?

Really. They almost never lose at home and they are going to have home ice for a while.

They may may the real deal. In fact, I would be predicting them right now if not for the fact that, you know, (stealing McCarthy's go-to) sports are no fun and the Giants Kings are going to win.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As good as the Blues are, I just can't take them seriously as a Cup, or even conference finalist. Even when they had those juggernaut teams in the late 90s- early 2000s, they did nothing. Their goal-tending seems to be a bit inconsistent as well.

With Kane out, Chicago doesn't get past the second round, if that.

Anaheim seems to have come down to earth a bit.

Vancouver, no.

Calgary has the makings of a second round spoiler and could get the WCF, only to be dismantled quickly.

Nashville, right now, seems like the best bet for a finals run. They're a deep, well-balanced team with the second best goalie in the world.

With all that said, my money is on the Kings to win the west. They're heating up at the right time. They basically have the same team that they won the cup with last year. They play the Preds in a 7 game final, which could go either way.

In the East, my Habs look very good. I don't see us losing a series against Detroit, NYI, NYR, Pittsburgh or Washington. Tampa Bay however, scares the daylights out of me. My only hope is that Detroit takes them out in the first round.

sig.png

If Tampa and Nashville met in the finals, there would be some really angry Canadians. I'm talking about those ones who feel that the NHL should have most of the teams in Canada and no team in any warm climate city. I hope they meet because most of those people annoy the :censored: out of me.

I probably should add that I'm not saying that all warm climate teams are good. Tampa and Nashville both have decent attendance numbers and get lumped in near the bottom (with Florida, Arizona, and Carolina) because they play in warm places.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Archived