Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

I understand the Braves have navy blue hats, but do you seriously need navy blue jerseys? These are hideous.

The maroon tomahawk looks awful with the all navy blue jersey.

img22231283.jpg

The tomahawk on the jersey is navy, not maroon.

201331119283352109.jpg

At first I thought you were crazy, but now that I take a deeper look you are more right than wrong. There is a maroon outline around the tomahawk, but the rest of it is navy blue.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only uniforms that really make me angry are Oregon football. As closely as the NCAA monitors every little detail of their "student athletes" and those around them, it's a farce that they turn a blind eye to a vendor that gives unlimited resources and money to one school to use towards recruiting and enhancement of their sports programs. Nike has the NCAA so deep in their pocket that they'll never dream of doing anything to cause a ripple in that relationship. Oregon benefits greatly from that benefit - the other "Nike programs" bleed for it.

I understand the Braves have navy blue hats, but do you seriously need navy blue jerseys? These are hideous.

img22231283.jpg

201331119283352109.jpg

At first I thought you were crazy, but now that I take a deeper look you are more right than wrong. There is a maroon outline around the tomahawk, but the rest of it is navy blue.

The tomahawk is actually outlined in red I believe, the navy surrounding it makes the red look darker.

Colorwerx, can you confirm this?

img22231283.jpg

That really is a terrible uniform. What's sad is that they retired their best jersey (red with tomahawk) but kept that crap.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

img22231283.jpg

That really is a terrible uniform. What's sad is that they retired their best jersey (red with tomahawk) but kept that crap.

It would be somewhat passable if they only broke it out once or twice a week, but instead they wear it more often than their greys.

img22231283.jpg

It would be somewhat passable if they only broke it out once or twice a week, but instead they wear it more often than their greys.

If "Atlanta" and the tomahawk were bright red then their would be absolutely no problems. What diminishes the look is how badly everything just seems to blend in.

What is everybody's problem? I mean, sure, there are some logos and uniforms that I don't like, but it's not worth getting seriously angry about. You got one guy who refuses to watch a ballgame if one of the teams is wearing cream, one guy's over here punching holes in walls because the Yankees got a new alternate cap because "muh trudishunz," then there's this other one nitpicking over spacing issues on the Jazz logo that nobody will even see unless they have a looking glass!

Look, I know this is a logo board, and far be it from me to tell you what good design looks like, but some of you guys need to chill the hell out.

What is everybody's problem? I mean, sure, there are some logos and uniforms that I don't like, but it's not worth getting seriously angry about. You got one guy who refuses to watch a ballgame if one of the teams is wearing cream, one guy's over here punching holes in walls because the Yankees got a new alternate cap because "muh trudishunz," then there's this other one nitpicking over spacing issues on the Jazz logo that nobody will even see unless they have a looking glass!

Look, I know this is a logo board, and far be it from me to tell you what good design looks like, but some of you guys need to chill the hell out.

If you read what I posted, the choice of using that POS Jazz uniform script and bad color choices where my primary complaints...the sloppy execution of the uni script was just icing on the cake.

Maybe these boards aren't for you.

I know it has been mentioned in this thread but it's important to remind people occasionally. "Angry" probably isn't the best word to describe the visceral reaction to some of these designs or uniform aspects. As a designer, it really bothers me when a professional organization uses bad artwork as an official logo. As a fan, I'd prefer all the teams I support to look good. Unfortunately, good and professional do not always go hand in hand. This board, however, is about exactly the type of thing being discussed in this thread. Opinions are one thing, being sloppy and amateur are another. Yes, it matters to most of us if the Jazz wordmark looks good. Yes, it matters to us if the Braves don't use enough red on their blue jersey. Yes it matters to me the Red Sox have Red Sox in Navy blue tackle twill on their red jersey. Boston should be on the red jersey and Red Sox on the navy, BTW. I do not think for a moment that anyone who is interested in the visual aspect of sports should ever "chill the hell out".

If you read what I posted, the choice of using that POS Jazz uniform script and bad color choices where my primary complaints...the sloppy execution of the uni script was just icing on the cake.

I'm not sure what else works for them though. The double blue set was as bland as dishwater, and the 90s set would look incredibly dated if they still wore it today. I suppose they could have taken the general look of the 90s uniform and toned down the parts that went overboard...shame I'm not better at basketball concepts.

I only get made about the play on the field, I don't throw a tantrum just because one team is wearing a specific uniform.

Getting mad about a pointless game is no better than getting mad about fashion.

It's not as pointless.

I only get made about the play on the field, I don't throw a tantrum just because one team is wearing a specific uniform.

Getting mad about a pointless game is no better than getting mad about fashion.

It's not as pointless.

Actually, if you really think about it, and it's true effect on your life, they're both about the same.

img22231283.jpg

201331119283352109.jpg

It's always great when there's a reference on the internet that has official graphics...I think there's a sports logo site that's closely related to these message boards :)

qe5250vguebgd1tf9ga1ghcgh.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'd just like us all to stop calling it "Maroon".

PMS_200_C_SRGB.png

The Braves call it "Scarlet", but it's the same exact color that the Rangers, Cardinals, Phillies, Angels, Reds, Twins and Nationals use.

I'd just like us all to stop calling it "Maroon".

PMS_200_C_SRGB.png

The Braves call it "Scarlet", but it's the same exact color that the Rangers, Cardinals, Phillies, Angels, Reds, Twins and Nationals use.

Wow, the red they use is a lot brighter than I thought it'd be.

Archived