2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really tough to define a season two games and a coin flip in, but......

The UCLA-Texas coin flip: UCLA wins the toss, elects to defer. Texas gets choice of kick or receive, and they choose the former. The ref even turns off his mic to tell the Texas captain what he was doing, and yet the Texas player still chose to kick. UCLA coach Mora is shown on the big screen saying "We'll get the ball twice?".

Interesting. Hook 'em, 'Horns!

And the PAC-12 South just keeps on getting easier for Arizona State, as both LA teams are in real trouble tonight, to Boston College and a skeleton Texas team. What the hell happened to the USC team that went in and won on the farm last week?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

And the PAC-12 South just keeps on getting easier for Arizona State, as both LA teams are in real trouble tonight, to Boston College and a skeleton Texas team. What the hell happened to the USC team that went in and won on the farm last week?

USC probably should've lost to the Cardinal by 20 but Stanford couldn't get out of it's own way when they got into the red zone. UCLA is so overrated. When you barely beat Memphis at home there is something wrong.

UCLA has been without Hundley since the first quarter. They're still tied at 10, so not really "in trouble." USC is in real bad shape, though.

Unfortunately I'm in a hotel in Jacksonville that doesn't get SEC network and doesn't have strong enough wifi for me to check out the Gators game on watch ESPN so even though there's six football games I can be watching right now, I'm 1.5 hours from Gainesville and UF/Kentucky is not one of them, which seems silly to me. However, following along on ESPN's gamecast, the Gators seem to be pretty mediocre (although even last years terrible team rolled Kentucky). Up 20-17 on the Wildcats right now.

edit: Pretty mediocre seems like a kind way to put it. Heading to 3OT right now against perennial doormat Kentucky -- hard to excuse that. I expect this season is going to be the kind that results in Muschamp's firing.

IUe6Hvh.png

USC probably should've lost to the Cardinal by 20 but Stanford couldn't get out of it's own way when they got into the red zone. UCLA is so overrated. When you barely beat Memphis at home there is something wrong.

They might be, but they lost Hundley relatively early in the game and their offense disappeared after that. The fact that they still won is impressive. I don't think they're Top 10, but they're definitely in the 11-20 range.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived