2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

This year's draft caps are up on Lids now:

http://www.lids.ca/Reebok/Style_NHL-2014-Draft-Cap

I checked them out and noticed a couple things

• Carolina, Columbus, Florida, & Nashville's are absent. Not sure if that means anything
  • The caps feature the primary logo with a secondary logo sublimated behind it (a lot of the teams have just reused their primary). Toronto's features the 35-point leaf with script that was on their old, white alternate, a logo that has been out of commission for 3 seasons.

It looks really awkward for the teams that have the same or almost the same primary logos as the secondary.

Yeah, it's especially confusing that teams like Colorado and Vancouver decided to reuse the primary, despite having perfectly fine secondary logos.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. Draft caps are nothing special again.

Still love that Dallas logo though - really pops. Such an improvement.

This year's draft caps are up on Lids now:

http://www.lids.ca/Reebok/Style_NHL-2014-Draft-Cap

I checked them out and noticed a couple things

• Carolina, Columbus, Florida, & Nashville's are absent. Not sure if that means anything
  • The caps feature the primary logo with a secondary logo sublimated behind it (a lot of the teams have just reused their primary). Toronto's features the 35-point leaf with script that was on their old, white alternate, a logo that has been out of commission for 3 seasons.

It looks really awkward for the teams that have the same or almost the same primary logos as the secondary.

Yeah, it's especially confusing that teams like Colorado and Vancouver decided to reuse the primary, despite having perfectly fine secondary logos.

Sort of...

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

So, here's something that I didn't feel warranted its own thread.

I was watching the 14 Minutes of Pissed Off Goalies video and noticed something weird.

At :55, you see a Sabres player in the Buffaslug uniform. Is it just me, or are his pants a lighter shade of blue than the jersey?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Am I the only one who hates the Rangers white uniforms? My biggest problem is the incredibly out of place feeling red pants, but the inconsistency with the home uni and the overall messy fell of the stripes makes it by far the worst uniform worn by and an Original Six team.

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

So, here's something that I didn't feel warranted its own thread.

I was watching the 14 Minutes of Pissed Off Goalies video and noticed something weird.

At :55, you see a Sabres player in the Buffaslug uniform. Is it just me, or are his pants a lighter shade of blue than the jersey?

Differences between the two materials.

The polyester of the uniform doesn't reflect light the same way that the ripstop nylon of the breezers do.

Though they may both be the same general colour, because of the inherent difference in the way the two fabrics reflect arena lights: they appear lighter or darker than they actually are.

5amlwx.jpg

Shoulder, just like 1994.

Not necessarily.

There's already precedent for cramming the current patch on the jersey.

LidstromFinals622Reginek.jpg

Although, this would be better for everybody

Messier.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Am I the only one who hates the Rangers white uniforms? My biggest problem is the incredibly out of place feeling red pants, but the inconsistency with the home uni and the overall messy fell of the stripes makes it by far the worst uniform worn by and an Original Six team.

I don't agree with you on their white jersey but as for their home jersey, since you mentioned it, I've always preferred the striping on the blue jersey that they had when they won the Cup in '94. I like the jersey now but I've always felt that the '94 blue jersey was a better look. Anyway, there have been two things that I have noticed in the Playoffs so far that I'm surprised that they haven't been mentioned very much or not at all. The first thing is that I have noticed that the numbers on the Canadiens' white helmets don't have the huge white gap like the numbers on the actual jerseys have. I wonder if this is a sign that the Habs will put the full numbers back on their road jersey. I'm not sure if that would be an official jersey change cause the actual design of the jersey wouldn't be altered though they are changing the look of the jersey if they did that. Another thing about the Habs. Am I the only one who thinks that both jerseys look better with the 93' style letter/number font and a blue-white-blue collar over the current blue-white collar? Also, I think the Habs should straighten the arm stripes on their red jersey. As for the other thing, when the Penguins were still in the Playoffs, of all the jerseys in the Penguins' arena, I noticed that their Powder Blue jersey from the 08' Winter Classic appeared to be the one jersey I saw the most fans in the stands wearing. That is a really nice jersey. I want the Pens to bring the back-to-back Cup jersey back but, I must say, I'd love to see the Penguins wear that Powder Blue jersey again.

This may not be the time to bring this up, but I really hope the Sabres get rid of those horrid third jerseys they wore. I think their third jersey should be the Goat Head, or the red jersey with the swords.

I think they've already said that the third jersey is gone. Don't get your hopes up for red and black, though.

So what uniform matchup do you prefer to see? NYR v Chicago or NYR v LA?

I personally want to see a Chicago v NYR matchup. Something abou the LA uniforms, espeically the roads which seem really bland and dull to me. On the contrary, I'd rather see an LA v Rangers final for hockey reasons, but not so much for unis.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The Rangers could always do what the London Knights did at the Memorial Cup. /s

Edmontons-Riley-Kieser-circles-the-net-a

Semi related topic; the Memorial Cup is a nightmare in patch placement because CHL jerseys already have so many patches on the front. They all have a league patch, some have the brand patch and then there's the captains patches.

IbjBaeE.png

I agree i never have cared for their jersey's home or away.

Archived