2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

You can't discount what actually happened in the uniforms though. The current whites have a special place in the hearts and mind of the Habs faithful because of the success associated with them. That's not nothing.

Unless the team in question isn't from the original six...

Careful, lest you find yourself backed into a corner ;)

As you've said ad nauseam, there are exceptions to rules. The Ducks cup winning uniforms are indefensible. If they had won 5 Stanley Cups in a row, I would still be in favour of dropping them as soon as possible for either the Jade & Eggplant set, or the new orange thirds. Pens 09 uniforms fall in this category as well. Avalanche, Hurricanes, Lightning, Stars, and Kings do not. They may have aspects that are questionable (Lightning Logo, Stars striping, non contrasting crest on the Kings home) but overall the set is redeemable and could produce something great with a few tweaks.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Caps went back to that '90s blue, used a slightly deeper red, and had silver or bronze as an accent color, that could work. The screaming eagle and the Weagle could be a nice logo set together, too.

I could see slate, red, and bronze working together. I wouldn't want dueling eagles, however. I think they should make the Weagle the primary and stop flirting with the bad old days of the Capital Centre.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What admiral described above has the potential to be a top 5 look... Just make sure the bronze and red never touch and a decent amount of white is worked into the striping of the home. The weagle is a thing of beauty, that manages to be clever at the same time. Make it happen, Caps!

You can't discount what actually happened in the uniforms though. The current whites have a special place in the hearts and mind of the Habs faithful because of the success associated with them. That's not nothing.

Unless the team in question isn't from the original six...

Careful, lest you find yourself backed into a corner ;)

As you've said ad nauseam, there are exceptions to rules.

Exactly. So stop trying to corner people as if they don't. Fact is we're making the same argument about the same rules. We just have different exceptions :D

The best for the Caps right now should be what fans crave for so long now, a blue Winged eagle alternate jersey

I would't want to see that any more than I'd like to see a red Columbus Blue Jackets alt... If two Red, White and Navy teams have to exist, let one use red as the dominant colour and the other use navy. Of course, this wouldn't matter if bronze was added to the scheme.

Still working on my idea.... I just wish a flat version of the Prototype Weagle existed...

0etVPey.gif

Already posted it in the Request section, but I figured I should puti t here so that others who don't normally go to the Requests section can see it:

dMOh1sv.png

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The best for the Caps right now should be what fans crave for so long now, a blue Winged eagle alternate jersey

See, this is why the Capitals third jersey change has been such a headscratcher for me. They should have just went to the throwbacks this off season, and then finally make a Weagle third jersey. I know their original logo is nothing special but I think the throwbacks are by far the best. The white yoke on a red jersey and the stars above the logo are uniquely Washington and I love those jerseys.

Canucks wearing poppies on the back of their helmets for Remembrance Day. Not sure if this has been done before.

Canucks%20Poppies.jpg

I'm glad they are doing this. It's a nice touch. I kind of wish that for Remembrance Day that they would wear a poppy where the Captain patches would go, like what they do for the Memorial Cup jerseys.

That caps prototype uniform is a thing of beauty. That logo with bronze highlights, and slate blue instead of navy would look amazing.

That Jackets/Canucks illustration is the best one yet. Whoever's doing them needs a raise, fast!

Per Kings Insider:

In addition to the Legends Nights, Los Angeles will also wear their vintage gold jerseys as the road team in Boston on February 9 to mark the 50th anniversary of the founding of the franchise. As of this time, no other 1967-68 expansion teams are expected to wear commemorative vintage jerseys that honor the founding of their franchises, according to a team spokesman. The Kings received permission from the league to wear their gold jerseys on the road.

At least 1 color versus color match up this season...or Boston is going to wear white and totally mess this all up.

See, this is why the Capitals third jersey change has been such a headscratcher for me. They should have just went to the throwbacks this off season, and then finally make a Weagle third jersey. I know their original logo is nothing special but I think the throwbacks are by far the best. The white yoke on a red jersey and the stars above the logo are uniquely Washington and I love those jerseys.

I love that jersey. The wordmark however, sucks. It's a terrible logo for the front of a uniform. Keep it around as a tertiary mark for history's sake, but given the Capitals' arsenal of past/present/potential logos, there's so many more possibilities. I say stick the Weagle, or update the screaming eagle and throw it on the front of the 'throwback'. Done.

sig.png

Per Kings Insider:

In addition to the Legends Nights, Los Angeles will also wear their vintage gold jerseys as the road team in Boston on February 9 to mark the 50th anniversary of the founding of the franchise. As of this time, no other 1967-68 expansion teams are expected to wear commemorative vintage jerseys that honor the founding of their franchises, according to a team spokesman. The Kings received permission from the league to wear their gold jerseys on the road.

At least 1 color versus color match up this season...or Boston is going to wear white and totally mess this all up.

My guess is that Boston will use it as an occasion to wear white at home.

It wasn't an issue for 20 seasons.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived