College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Montana doesn't pay for their uniforms. Phil Knight of Nike attended UM for a while and donates the unis every 3 years unless that has changed. They have 6 helmets right now and about 4 or 5 sets of pants and jerseys.

MAC attendance is garbage. I went to an Akron game last season and there was 1,200. Hell my D3 teams averaged 7,800 while I was playing. The fact they have a TV deal as a conference is a joke.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they have six sets of helmets (five extra), that's roughly a quarter of a million dollars the school spends on frivolous crap that could be spent on other things. Like I said, if it's top money schools or even anybody in the power conferences (ie. not MAC), it can almost be excused. But Montana doesn't make enough money off its football program to throw away a quarter of a mil on "cost of doing business."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If they have six sets of helmets (five extra), that's roughly a quarter of a million dollars the school spends on frivolous crap that could be spent on other things. Like I said, if it's top money schools or even anybody in the power conferences (ie. not MAC), it can almost be excused. But Montana doesn't make enough money off its football program to throw away a quarter of a mil on "cost of doing business."

If what he said is true then Montana doesn't pay for their uniforms so they aren't throwing away money.

Apparently you didn't read my post. Montana's uniforms are given to them by Nike so they don't pay anything. That's what happens when your program pulls in $1 mil plus every game. 26,000 tickets plus concessions. They aren't hurting for money like you claim they are. The ticket prices are more than most FBS teams. Homecoming last year was $65 and conference games were $40.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Apparently you didn't read my post. Montana's uniforms are given to them by Nike so they don't pay anything. That's what happens when your program pulls in $1 mil plus every game. 26,000 tickets plus concessions. They aren't hurting for money like you claim they are. The ticket prices are more than most FBS teams. Homecoming last year was $65 and conference games were $40.

Apparently you didn't' read my post. Nike does not produce helmets. Unless Phil Knight donates Nike uniforms and also purchases them helmets from Riddell and HydroGraphics, they have to pay for helmets. And there's a lot of expenditures to put a team on the field, so they don't pocket $6 mil a year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You're just digging a hole here. EVERYTHING is donated I've said that three times now. Then they auction the special game ones off.

But clearly you know everything there is to know about college football and its finances so I'm done.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

You're just digging a hole here. EVERYTHING is donated I've said that three times now. Then they auction the special game ones off.

But clearly you know everything there is to know about college football and its finances so I'm done.

Actually, you didn't say that once. You said Nike donates the uniforms, not everything. I would be surprised if Phil Knight pays for over 500 helmets every year (which as OldRoman said, comes out to about a quarter mil).

Regarding the finances, $6 mil isn't a lot of money to operate a college football program, even with free uniforms. In 2008, the lowest tier FBS teams spent around $10-15 mil. Link

I forgot who mentioned Howard's football uniforms would look better with red numbers. Red has traditionally just been an accent color for Howard. I believe at one time the school's colors were just navy blue and white. Used to have several HU items in my old home that did not feature red at all (sweatshirts, hats, pom poms, and an old game jersey). I don't know about the other athletic teams at the school, but the football team has always wore minimal amounts of red in their uniforms.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I'm waiting for something along the lines of:

"The helmet has a photorealistic forecast of a hurricane, tearing through the heart of our state, just like our running back tears through the heart of defenses. New, shiny green numbers represent the shiny things our player are given. A large, crooked U is on only one side of the pants, because everyone lives large in Miami! #TheU #Swagger"

spacer.png

I'm waiting for something along the lines of:

"The helmet has a photorealistic forecast of a hurricane, tearing through the heart of our state, just like our running back tears through the heart of defenses. New, shiny green numbers represent the shiny things our player are given. A large, crooked U is on only one side of the pants, because everyone lives large in Miami! #TheU #Swagger"

Did you get a hold of their press release?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Howard Bison new logos:

static_header.png

11222813_10152618241867185_3904911637410

Road Whites: 11140095_886801938052650_513116918431572

They have a contract with BOTH Russell and Underarmour???

Did you miss the conversation earlier? HBCU teams, specifically the SWAC and MEAC, have Russell outfitting the entire conference in football.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Howard Bison new logos:

static_header.png

Did you miss the conversation earlier? HBCU teams, specifically the SWAC and MEAC, have Russell outfitting the entire conference in football.

When does that contract expire?

Howard Bison new logos:

static_header.png

When does that contract expire?

That's been mentioned before too.

It ends after this academic year for both conference.

Adidas will be giving a sneak peak of the new Miami uniforms at midnight on ESPN.com like they did for the Louisville uniforms.

Other than the white helmet with the proper stripes and a bastardized font based on last year's numbers, not much revealed so far.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived