College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I've bought Miami jerseys ever since ken Dorsey played. When I bought the set two years ago, I was upset they got new ones...but I still bought all 4 last year. Thanks to Adidas, I won't have to buy them ever again. By no means were the past decade or so perfect looking for them, but they were always nice and unique. This is just (ugly) cookie cutter Adidas garbage.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I have been hoping for is a Throwback to the 80s as those will always be the look of champions to me. You guys have to admit that other than the style the team wore in 2001, the others really sucked. Lets be realistic for a sec, the drop shadow ones with the TV numbers on the sleeve were the worst and everything after the last championship were so bad that I refused to buy any of them. They will get FB right and hopefully right now but lots to look forward to with other sports. Last thing I want to leave you with- Adidas has a song about them, does Nike? Hit it Run DM C!

The only thing I have been hoping for is a Throwback to the 80s as those will always be the look of champions to me. You guys have to admit that other than the style the team wore in 2001, the others really sucked. Lets be realistic for a sec, the drop shadow ones with the TV numbers on the sleeve were the worst and everything after the last championship were so bad that I refused to buy any of them. They will get FB right and hopefully right now but lots to look forward to with other sports. Last thing I want to leave you with- Adidas has a song about them, does Nike? Hit it Run DM C!

Quite a few: http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2013/01/the-50-greatest-sneaker-references-in-rap-history

I feel for you, man. Miami is basically where Michigan was at 2007, except Miami switched purely for the $$$ whereas Michigan switched for the $$$ AND because students were mass-protesting Nike's sweatshops. Thankfully my school got their head right. You just gotta live with the fact that your school won't for a decade or so--when's the deal set to expire exactly?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

This article : http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article27526315.htmlby the Miami Herald calls the tire-tread a "cheetah print or snakeskin-like pattern". Do we have an official name for what Adidas refers to it as?

Shockweb

Adidas gonna Adidas

Adidas: "Hey guys, I'm totally making football shirts, right? Errr. kits? Jerseys? Yeah, yeah I'm totally doing it, look at me!"

hula.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Montana doesn't pay for their uniforms. Phil Knight of Nike attended UM for a while and donates the unis every 3 years unless that has changed. They have 6 helmets right now and about 4 or 5 sets of pants and jerseys.

MAC attendance is garbage. I went to an Akron game last season and there was 1,200. Hell my D3 teams averaged 7,800 while I was playing. The fact they have a TV deal as a conference is a joke.

I'm not sure where you're getting your info but you are way off. He ran track for 4 years at Oregon (graduating in 1959) and then attended grad school at Stanford. He's got no real connection to Montana except for them being a Nike school.

They will get FB right

This is Adidas we're talking about here. They most likely won't.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

From a business standpoint, how sustainable is this?

A person familiar with the contract terms told The Associated Press that the deal is worth "multiple times" more than Miami's previous arrangement with Nike, which chose not to match Adidas' offer.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/12135717/miami-hurricanes-adidas-strike-12-year-merchandise-marketing-agreement

I mean, it can't be sustainable right? It seems like they are over-paying for every deal they manage to get, which reeks of desperation. Nike is able to under-bid and still win the biggest and best clients because programs actually want to work with them.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

If I was a smaller fish school in a Big 5 pond (see: BC, Wash.State, Iowa State, etc) I would strongly consider an adidas deal for a single year or two just to get the cash infusion. Even bad press is press, so some garish clown suits, a pile of money and then a triumphant return to Nike or UA might make sense in terms of both finances and marketing/PR.

I'm not saying that's an advisable path, and it wouldn't turn Iowa State into Oklahoma, but it could jump start some recruiting, sluggish budgets and with the right coaching staff, maybe get them into a solid middle tier where they're competing for bowls like the Cap One, Alamo, etc, instead of the Long John Silver's Bowl presented by Loan 2 Cash and Johnny's Body Shop.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If they would've toned down the slashes, I don't think it would look all that bad. I'm not really all that against these.

They really remind me of Auburn's last basketball set, with the Northwestern stripes being cut up like that

14111504-standard.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived