College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Ok, so here is my assessment as an Alum and a Die Hard Fan. Blows anything Nike has given us since they changed our classic design. Would have liked a throwback but liked the return of stripes on the jersey and pants. did not like the cuts in the stripes but overall.I like the look. Need to start winning again for it to matter but a step in the right direction. Most importantly, Adidas is backing the truck up and supporting the brand which means a lot at this stage. Cant wait to see hoops and Baseball Unis.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's pretend that the shockweb wasn't there ( I know it's hard but try)... Overall I don't hate the look, helmet looks good and I kind of like the the gashed stripes on the sleeves. I like this look better than what Nike put out a couple years ago, a design which I didn't particularly like, although I liked the green helmet. I would rate it as such...

Helmet: 9/10 (If they have a Green one that looks good then 10/10)

Jersey: 7/10 (Without shockweb)

Pants: 3/10 (I want to give it a 1 but I've seen worse, I'll get used to them)

NEWSGG copy.png

Are those supposed to be feathers? Ya know like Ibis? If not then I don't get it.

The adidas template and the materials they use look so crummy and cheap. It's like they've stretched a tshirt and tight sweatpants over some pads. Just awful. They look like one tackle and they'll be in shreds.

All that stated, they look closer to the Miami of the 80's and early 90's than they did under Nike so that's a good thing. It's just too bad it took going to adidas to do it because adidas schools don't win and The U is going to descend even further into irrelevancy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The basic premise of the uniform is GREAT. However, it's absolutely killed by the stupid, shimmery numbers and the slashes in the stripes. As others have said, it looks very cheap. If this exact design were sitting on a Nike template with matte numbers and without the stupid slashes, we would be grading it a 9 out of 10. Just goes to show how Adidas has fallen in terms of football design. Count me as one that definitely prefers last year's Nike set.

This is exactly how I feel about this. If this design were on a Nike or UA template, everything would look fine.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I honestly kind of wished they were worse so I could laugh at them more. It's nothing against Miami, I just wanted to see how bad it could get. But, with that being said, I really dislike the look. Like what was said before, the premise of the design is great. But the atrocious patterns just shove the uniforms into the seemingly endless adidas oblivion that I like to call "Crap." And I didn't pay much attention to the 'U' on the pants at first, but after seeing it mentioned a lot I decided to take a quick peek, and damn, how do you screw up a logo like that? Especially one as simple as Miami's... It's just odd to see people go head-over-heels for this stuff. I pains me in some ways. I know people like different things, and I myself am no fashion connoisseur in any way, but I just can't see how people can think that these are really good. I hope Arizona State decides that they don't want the .05% raise in their base speed stat and decides to go with a template that doesn't distort the stripes that horrifically. Because from what I've read on here, the stripes being chopped up like that is due to the template, correct? Or the material that all adidas uniforms will be composed of? Nike's only real miss was TCU, and I thought that was ugly at first. But now, after looking at the stuff from adidas, I actually like the new TCU uniforms a little better.

I really don't get why the sleeve stripes are one style on the white and green jerseys, and completely different style (and thickness) on the orange jersey. That's really bad design, and lack of attention to detail.

I don't get why the U is on the pants, nor do I get why "Miami" is across the chess. When I see the U in orange and green on the helmet, I know I'm watching Miami.

The numbers and stripes remind me of the puffy screen printing process that was popular in 1990. The duct tape look is really awful in 2015.

So close, Miami, so close.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

"The cut lines on Miami's shoulders call to mind the iconic way the cocaine trade in Miami thrives by cutting lines."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

miami-hurricanes-warren-sapp-canton-ohio

Yes please go back to this. Miami from the 1990s cleanest look in football. No coincidence they dominated in them either.

... "no conincidence they dominated in them either" ... lolwut Are you actually trying to say that at least in some small way, the Canes' uniforms were part of why the team was successful?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Have adidas even tried to explain the reasoning behind the tyre tread pattern or the crappy sleeve and pants striping?

I was right about Adidas coming up with a different design inspiration for each school that has the slashes on their uniforms. For Miami they are "hurricane style" cuts.

"Developed in collaboration with the University of Miami athletic department, the team's new look is highlighted by updated metallic stripes on the jerseys and pants, incorporating hurricane style cuts and patterns throughout the new uniform."

http://news.adidas.com/US/Latest-News/The-University-of-Miami---adidas-Unveil-Hurricanes--New-Football-Uniforms/s/03ee9383-192d-4b0d-899f-0a6681789274

According to Twitter, Nebraska is up next for Adidas on Thursday. They seem to be revealing new uniforms at a rate of one or two per week right now. I'd assume we'll see all the new ones pretty quick or they might start leaking as schools take delivery with practices starting in two weeks.

Archived