College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The particular shade of brown represents the iconic cesspool that is the MAC.

How's the MAC a cesspool? It's not the B1G but that's a good thing. In the MAC you have really good coaches and the football is just as good as anywhere else.

Back to BG I'm going to assume they'll have their custom font. Im surprised that they had the duct tape numbers the last few seasons.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vanderbilt will likely make an away version of the new home uniforms from last year. I thought they were only supposed to be alternates along with the matte helmet, but they wore that jersey as the home , so I guess they may make an away. (Which BTW I loved that jersey)

Vanderbilt will likely make an away version of the new home uniforms from last year. I thought they were only supposed to be alternates along with the matte helmet, but they wore that jersey as the home , so I guess they may make an away. (Which BTW I loved that jersey)

Do you have a source or are you just making a guess?

The particular shade of brown represents the iconic cesspool that is the MAC.

How's the MAC a cesspool? It's not the B1G but that's a good thing. In the MAC you have really good coaches and the football is just as good as anywhere else.

Back to BG I'm going to assume they'll have their custom font. Im surprised that they had the duct tape numbers the last few seasons.

It was a joke. Sorry for the lack of creativity, but BG sort of limited my options with a brown jersey.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Word is that Montana might wear this for one game to honor the 20th anniversary of the '95 National Champs.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/helenair.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/05/705abe46-c90a-5efd-bb3c-9cff2fc1f88b/705abe46-c90a-5efd-bb3c-9cff2fc1f88b.image.jpg

Also, Montana is the next college football game in 2015 (against NDSU bison) on ESPN

Hope Dave Dickenson shows up. As a fan of the Big Sky conference, he's definitely one of the top ten players of all time in that conference.

The fear the roo helmet needs to get lost in a hurry as does the trend of asymmetrical helmets across all levels of football. The number on one side, giant poorly placed logo on the other side has never looked good. At the very least it's never looked better than if they had put another logo on the opposite side.

Who started this trend? Boise with their huge Bronco head?

The fear the roo helmet needs to get lost in a hurry as does the trend of asymmetrical helmets across all levels of football. The number on one side, giant poorly placed logo on the other side has never looked good. At the very least it's never looked better than if they had put another logo on the opposite side.

Yes. With the 2010 Pro Combat uniform

boisestate_original_display_image.jpg?12

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Yes. With the 2010 Pro Combat uniform

boisestate_original_display_image.jpg?12

I would love Boise St's helmet if they put the logo on both sides.

At least with that helmet, it originally served a purpose because asymmetry was the theme of the entire uniform. Of course, when they converted that look into a full-time, symmetrical set, the helmet should have been changed to match.

yea the asymmetrical design choices were made to reflect their unconventional offensive philosophy. Nike's whole line of Pro Combats in 2010 were based on the same kind of thing; there was a lot of thought put into those designs. ever since then, schools have just copied whatever they liked best and turned them into terrible trends

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Bowling Green AD has confirmed that Bowling Green wil be wearing brown jerseys again with their return to Nike.

B9C3LitCUAA4S6N.jpg

The Cleveland Browns of the NCAA

Didn't Paul Brown adopt BG's colors for his Cleveland pro football club?

Yes I believe that's correct.

If I recall correctly, this was one of those freshmen orientation stories when I was starting at BG in 2010.

I believe their first training camps were held at BGSU as well. (I think in the field between where Anderson Arena and East Hall are now...?)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

At least with that helmet, it originally served a purpose because asymmetry was the theme of the entire uniform. Of course, when they converted that look into a full-time, symmetrical set, the helmet should have been changed to match.

yea the asymmetrical design choices were made to reflect their unconventional offensive philosophy. Nike's whole line of Pro Combats in 2010 were based on the same kind of thing; there was a lot of thought put into those designs. ever since then, schools have just copied whatever they liked best and turned them into terrible trends

Yup and they were often very unique to each school without being reaches. When Nike make all of those things available in true catalog it watered down the designs and left the schools picking from the catalog with a lack of cohesion that the original designs had.

That and they just really seem to design first and research second now. ie jaws of husky. It's like they have completely new designers/design teams working on their stuff now.

Yup and they were often very unique to each school without being reaches. When Nike make all of those things available in true catalog it watered down the designs and left the schools picking from the catalog with a lack of cohesion that the original designs had.

That and they just really seem to design first and research second now. ie jaws of husky. It's like they have completely new designers/design teams working on their stuff now.

Thats their business model. The spent a ton of time, design effort and $$$ to promote the pro combat uniform through the rivalry program. That basically stoked the fire for all the non elite schools to jump on the bandwagon and purchase me too uniforms. Obviously nike could not justify the expense long term so they really have to take the iterative cookie cutter design approach but they do a better job of taking pieces from the parts bin and telling their clients they have a unique design better than anyone else. Overall I think nike got exactly what they wanted from the program.

The real winner from this whole explosion of cfb uniforms has to be HGI as they basically got free promotion from nike and they don't really have to spend any money on marketing.

i heard there was a strategic reason he picked brown jerseys, as it was to sort of camoflage the football so that it was harder to tell who was carrying the ball. I don't know if that's true.

Ugh. Pre-camo camo...I blame it all on Paul Brown now... (sarcasm font)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Bowling Green AD has confirmed that Bowling Green wil be wearing brown jerseys again with their return to Nike.

B9C3LitCUAA4S6N.jpg

The Cleveland Browns of the NCAA

Didn't Paul Brown adopt BG's colors for his Cleveland pro football club?

Yes I believe that's correct.

If I recall correctly, this was one of those freshmen orientation stories when I was starting at BG in 2010.

I believe their first training camps were held at BGSU as well. (I think in the field between where Anderson Arena and East Hall are now...?)

FYI that image is part of a concept set of anime uniforms and helmets I designed, certainly not official and as pointed out not my best Photoshop work. Someone took a photo of my computer screen and that's the image you see there. I also did white and orange jersey and pant sets as well as more orange chrome and a white helmet.

fade.gif

Archived