College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Guess these are Akron's new helmets for 2015:

B9Ayh_DIQAEDHN6.jpg

White and matte navy options. I believe the white has a hopping kangaroo on both sides. Navy has gold numbers on one side and giant forward-facing kangaroo on the other.

Is it just me or do those look black? I sure hope not. Akron looks really bad in black.

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Addressing the whole issue concerning Iowa State ripping USC or Duke:

When I look at a uniform, I look at the colors first, striping second. I look at the coordination of the colors within the uniform elements (helmet, shirt, pants, shoes/socks). I think the deciding factor is if you were watching the game from the stands. If Iowa State played Duke... you wouldn't mistake what team is what just because they have the same stripe patterns. If you were to watch Iowa State play USC... you would really have to look to see what team is what.

When I look at Iowa State, they pretty much jacked EVERYTHING from USC... the colors, the stripes, all the way down to the gray face mask. I mean, ISU could have at least put the double stripe on their helmet... so at least they could hang their hat on being the team with double stripes on all 3 parts of the uniform.

Are they both wearing red? Also, are you at a football game you went to where you have no idea who's playing? So you are in Iowa, at an Iowa State game, and ISU comes out in Red/Red/Yellow, you would be in the stands asking the people "Is that Iowa State or is that USC? I can't tell." If the two teams played each other they a very distinguishable....because they wouldn't both be wearing red. The aways aren't even similar!

Addressing the whole issue concerning Iowa State ripping USC or Duke:

When I look at a uniform, I look at the colors first, striping second. I look at the coordination of the colors within the uniform elements (helmet, shirt, pants, shoes/socks). I think the deciding factor is if you were watching the game from the stands. If Iowa State played Duke... you wouldn't mistake what team is what just because they have the same stripe patterns. If you were to watch Iowa State play USC... you would really have to look to see what team is what.

When I look at Iowa State, they pretty much jacked EVERYTHING from USC... the colors, the stripes, all the way down to the gray face mask. I mean, ISU could have at least put the double stripe on their helmet... so at least they could hang their hat on being the team with double stripes on all 3 parts of the uniform.

Are they both wearing red? Also, are you at a football game you went to where you have no idea who's playing? So you are in Iowa, at an Iowa State game, and ISU comes out in Red/Red/Yellow, you would be in the stands asking the people "Is that Iowa State or is that USC? I can't tell." If the two teams played each other they a very distinguishable....because they wouldn't both be wearing red. The aways aren't even similar!

You could also be sitting in the stands at an ISU game and ask yourself, "why did the cyclones decide to mimic the trojans when they could have their own look?"

Guess these are Akron's new helmets for 2015:

B9Ayh_DIQAEDHN6.jpg

White and matte navy options. I believe the white has a hopping kangaroo on both sides. Navy has gold numbers on one side and giant forward-facing kangaroo on the other.

Is it just me or do those look black? I sure hope not. Akron looks really bad in black.

I think it's just the lighting. There were a few more angles.

B89n-FNIEAE3UlS.jpgB89n-FKIYAICofb.jpg

The kangaroo placement is different, I'll give them that. Can't say I like it very much. But it could be worse...

Put the large hopping Kangaroo on both sides of a gold helmet and that's your helmet forever, Akron.

The fear the roo helmet needs to get lost in a hurry as does the trend of asymmetrical helmets across all levels of football. The number on one side, giant poorly placed logo on the other side has never looked good. At the very least it's never looked better than if they had put another logo on the opposite side.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think we've discussed this Iowa state topic enough

Meeting_2ea313_285717.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Now, if they (adidas) could have lowered the collar seem on this template down to where the "EAST" patch is placed, UCLA could have half decent "UCLA" stripes.

Huh.

If they treated the regular stripes the way they did on last year's alts they'd be lightyears ahead of last years jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If the white Akron helmet does indeed have the kangaroo on both sides, then I actually kind of like it. Maybe this is a step in the right direction for them. (Or since it's Adidas the white helmet will never get used and they'll stick with the same crap they had last year). Fingers crossed though.

NEWSGG copy.png

If the white Akron helmet does indeed have the kangaroo on both sides, then I actually kind of like it. Maybe this is a step in the right direction for them. (Or since it's Adidas the white helmet will never get used and they'll stick with the same crap they had last year). Fingers crossed though.

Adidas would have absolutely nothing to do with what helmets they wear. That'd be up to the team/equipment staff

Friendly reminder: next college football game will be Montana and North Dakota State on ESPN in Missoula. Two of the best looks in college football IMO

Johnson-Coyle-CO-MVPs.jpeg

1379469363000-NorthDakotaState917.jpg

Go Griz!

No really a fan of either uniform, though the color schemes are good. NDSU needs to make their helmets and uniforms match: either a traditional helmet and uniform or a modern helmet and uniform.

Montana needs to get rid of black except as an accent color. The deep red with black side panels and pants just doesn't work well because the colors bleed into each other.

4edab76b09f2c.image.jpg

Montana could completely own gold, silver, and copper:

705abe46-c90a-5efd-bb3c-9cff2fc1f88b.ima

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Their 3 year contract isn't up yet, but I have a source that works for Montana that says with the new coach there will be new uniforms again.

Of their new helmets, this one is my favorite.

ncaa-football-montana-wyoming-850x560.jp

And this was posted in the Concepts forum (forgive me for not remembering who) and I think it'd be a great look for them. They've done similar in the past.

rkVrHjt.png

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

I really like the full body Kangaroo helmet Akron has there. I forgot who mentioned it earlier, but I agree that it Kangaroo decal should be placed on a gold helmet and made into the team's primary helmet.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Their 3 year contract isn't up yet, but I have a source that works for Montana that says with the new coach there will be new uniforms again.

Of their new helmets, this one is my favorite.

ncaa-football-montana-wyoming-850x560.jp

And this was posted in the Concepts forum (forgive me for not remembering who) and I think it'd be a great look for them. They've done similar in the past.

rkVrHjt.png

Do you mean "new" as in after the copper/gold era, or new as in they recently got them. Because those silver helmets have been around since they switched to maroon/silver in 1996

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Archived