College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I'm not the only one that likes Northwestern's Gothic uniforms, am I?

And dang, I don't like TCU's look today at all.

Yes.

And like, NOTHING matches for us... I'm seriously disappointed.

I hated the look, but here is a better view:

AP_584472929389-1170x821.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

This wouldn't have been terrible if there was more purple in the jersey/pants... and if the helmet wasn't chrome. Having a dominant pattern like that on the jersey isn't a huge issue if they balance it with plain/solid features on the other elements of the uniform. If the dominant colors are going to white and gray frog skin, then the helmet should either be white or gray frog skin. The purple should be used as the highlight throuhgout the uniform.

Yes.

This wouldn't have been terrible if there was more purple in the jersey/pants... and if the helmet wasn't chrome. Having a dominant pattern like that on the jersey isn't a huge issue if they balance it with plain/solid features on the other elements of the uniform. If the dominant colors are going to white and gray frog skin, then the helmet should either be white or gray frog skin. The purple should be used as the highlight throuhgout the uniform.

That jersey is trash, but the helmet is so beautiful.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

HO15_NFB_NA_Oregon_Pioneers_Hero_Primary

HO15_NFB_NA_Oregon_Pioneers_Crop_04_0510

This is a first.... a topographic map on a jersey. Never thought I would see this.

Army did it first, however it was placed on the numbers and represented the Battle of the Bulge. I think this is a pretty sweet look and as long as the map on the jerseys isn't too visible will look pretty good.

The helmets remind me of the Jacksonville Bulls. I know the iconography and the corporate speak are a bit out there but that's still a good looking helmet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

College football uniforms have officially jumped the shark:

FmGASrG.jpg

"A silhouette of Lewis and Clark, along with The Duck, appears as a decal on the helmet. Wrapping both sides of the headwear, it features Lewis looking through a telescope and The Duck pointing west, a nod to the explorers."

Looks like my FCS fantasy team design from 2012 was ahead of its time!

ih9YYNE.png

gYH2mW9.png

FmGASrG.jpg

"A silhouette of Lewis and Clark, along with The Duck, appears as a decal on the helmet. Wrapping both sides of the headwear, it features Lewis looking through a telescope and The Duck pointing west, a nod to the explorers."

Puddles = Pompey?

Oregon is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Here are some other ideas for contrived themes based loosely on state history.

-A wood-grain jersey in honor of the Spruce Goose being housed in McMinnville, OR at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum. Geese are kinda like Ducks.

-A ghost theme. Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state.

-A Cupid & Hearts theme. Oregon's statehood anniversary is on February 14th. Besides, everyone wears "I LOVE MY DUCKS" shirts around town.

-Bicycle wheels on the helmet. Oregon is one of the most bike-friendly states and Eugene, especially so. Oregon is fast. Wheels are faster.

-A deep blue set, in honor of Crater Lake; the deepest (and one of the bluest) lakes in America. Blue plus Yellow equals Green, after all. It's practically a Second Cousin School Color.

-A sea lion theme. Oregon is home to one of the largest sea caves in the world and it's filled to the gills with sea lions, which are aquatic animals who can also go on land! What a coincidence!

-Cheese head theme a la Green Bay Packers. Tillamook is home to the largest cheese factory in the state and one of the bigger ones in the nation. Nothing goes better with duck confit than some light brie or maybe a smoky havarti.

And finally:

-A Beaver theme. Oregon's state animal is the beaver.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

FmGASrG.jpg

Puddles = Pompey?

Or Puddles = Quackagawea?

FmGASrG.jpg

Puddles = Pompey?

Or Puddles = Quackagawea?

Reminds me of this

jax_bulls.jpg

Notre Dame and Navy need to get a room

"..Featuring each university's Alma mater.."

Now what the hell's that supposed to mean.

Under armor, you dolts.

Alma mater also means school song. Its a song separate from the fight song that schools usually sing to say how great a university is. But yes it does sound weird when you use the literal meaning of alma mater

Oregon is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Here are some other ideas for contrived themes based loosely on state history.

-A wood-grain jersey in honor of the Spruce Goose being housed in McMinnville, OR at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum. Geese are kinda like Ducks.

-A ghost theme. Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state.

-A Cupid & Hearts theme. Oregon's statehood anniversary is on February 14th. Besides, everyone wears "I LOVE MY DUCKS" shirts around town.

-Bicycle wheels on the helmet. Oregon is one of the most bike-friendly states and Eugene, especially so. Oregon is fast. Wheels are faster.

-A deep blue set, in honor of Crater Lake; the deepest (and one of the bluest) lakes in America. Blue plus Yellow equals Green, after all. It's practically a Second Cousin School Color.

-A sea lion theme. Oregon is home to one of the largest sea caves in the world and it's filled to the gills with sea lions, which are aquatic animals who can also go on land! What a coincidence!

-Cheese head theme a la Green Bay Packers. Tillamook is home to the largest cheese factory in the state and one of the bigger ones in the nation. Nothing goes better with duck confit than some light brie or maybe a smoky havarti.

And finally:

-A Beaver theme. Oregon's state animal is the beaver.

Shhh... Don't give them any ideas.

2015 will be remembered as the end of Oregon's swag both on and off the field. This new uni confirms that Nike and oregon are plum out of ideas. Don't get me wrong, I like the design, but only because including the duck was clever. Side note, I'm a history major & hate these more than Maryland's star spangled banner crap

Archived