NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Looks like the raiders are switching to the Nike template. Raider image and fanatics all selling new elite jerseys with the newer cut. All of the older pics of the McFadden don't have the updated cut. The limited also now are sold with the updated cut vs the old mesh.

http://www.raiderimage.com/enlarge.html?http://ep.yimg.com/ay/oaklandraiders/oakland-raiders-nike-amari-cooper-black-elite-jersey-5.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the raiders are switching to the Nike template. Raider image and fanatics all selling new elite jerseys with the newer cut. All of the older pics of the McFadden don't have the updated cut. The limited also now are sold with the updated cut vs the old mesh.

http://www.raiderimage.com/enlarge.html?http://ep.yimg.com/ay/oaklandraiders/oakland-raiders-nike-amari-cooper-black-elite-jersey-5.jpg

Makes you wonder if the Falcons, Packers, and Panthers are now going to switch to the Elite 51 template. They are only teams left that still have the original mesh fabric. Stay tuned.

Todd Bowles has been wearing these old school Jets hats for a while....any chance they are trying to test the waters for a change?

-38c10336d35a5024.JPG

Probably not, Nike and New Era just make a lot of apparel with old logos. Bears coaches have worn hats with a classic script "B" going back to the Reebok days even, and I've seen a lot of shirts with this logo since Nike took over:

xawpw5ke7zfylp9h4fuo2i8ce.gif

Todd Bowles has been wearing these old school Jets hats for a while....any chance they are trying to test the waters for a change?

-38c10336d35a5024.JPG

Probably not, Nike and New Era just make a lot of apparel with old logos. Bears coaches have worn hats with a classic script "B" going back to the Reebok days even, and I've seen a lot of shirts with this logo since Nike took over:

xawpw5ke7zfylp9h4fuo2i8ce.gif

The vast majority of the throwback merchandise that New Era and Nike make tie-in to throwbacks worn on the field. This Bears logo ties into the throwback jerseys with orange numbers.

The Jets hat is something else entirely, as they haven't worn a throwback to that...though I'm finding New Era does make a couple of throwback hats with that logo just for kicks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Bears coaches have worn hats with a classic script "B" going back to the Reebok days even

That's kind of a gesture to Halas, as he was wont to wear the script B. I like it as a small nod to the team's history.

The other thing is that the teams know there's a glorious cornucopia of money to be made by slapping vintage logos on stuff. I personally own a fair amount of faux-CCM Blackhawks stuff that has the old indian-head logo for no reason other than I think it looks cool and that I'm kind of a toolbag. There's an audience for it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Subtlety goes a long way. They should use the normal NFL logo and just go with the gold 50. After all, it's just the freaking Super Bowl, not the 50th year of the league. But I guess it won't make that much of a difference because only putzes put the NFL logo at midfield.

By this do you meant that most teams don't put the NFL logo at midfield? If so, I wonder if they are all going to do it this year (and whether teams like Minnesota and Pittsburgh, who share stadiums with college teams will). I could see the NFL asking/telling all teams to do it.

Yes. MetLife Stadium does the NFL logo because they don't want to change out midfield turf every game, and that's understandable. But the Panthers do it because the owner says dumb :censored: like "We want to honor the NFL because we are just so grateful to the NFL for giving this fine city a team." To my knowledge, the 29 other teams all use their logo at midfield. The Vikings painted their logo at midfield last season, and I think Heinz Field now alternates between the Steelers logo and a white circle with PITT during the Panthers' season.

Wow, the owner is kind of out of touch. Found this article on it : http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3223598

They also don't have a public address announcer or hype music. There is, however, a pregame prayer.

Say what you will. Sure, it's great he doesn't budge, but you gotta play up the crowd for a home field advantage. That's why Seattle cleverly designed their stadium in a way that traps sound (sorry to break it to you Seahawks fans, you're not ACTUALLY that loud).

Wait, this is a bad thing? OK...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Subtlety goes a long way. They should use the normal NFL logo and just go with the gold 50. After all, it's just the freaking Super Bowl, not the 50th year of the league. But I guess it won't make that much of a difference because only putzes put the NFL logo at midfield.

By this do you meant that most teams don't put the NFL logo at midfield? If so, I wonder if they are all going to do it this year (and whether teams like Minnesota and Pittsburgh, who share stadiums with college teams will). I could see the NFL asking/telling all teams to do it.

Yes. MetLife Stadium does the NFL logo because they don't want to change out midfield turf every game, and that's understandable. But the Panthers do it because the owner says dumb :censored: like "We want to honor the NFL because we are just so grateful to the NFL for giving this fine city a team." To my knowledge, the 29 other teams all use their logo at midfield. The Vikings painted their logo at midfield last season, and I think Heinz Field now alternates between the Steelers logo and a white circle with PITT during the Panthers' season.

Wow, the owner is kind of out of touch. Found this article on it : http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3223598

They also don't have a public address announcer or hype music. There is, however, a pregame prayer.

Say what you will. Sure, it's great he doesn't budge, but you gotta play up the crowd for a home field advantage. That's why Seattle cleverly designed their stadium in a way that traps sound (sorry to break it to you Seahawks fans, you're not ACTUALLY that loud).

Not a bad thing, but I think some are opposed to a religious showing by a government funded, tax exempt organization.

Not a bad thing, but I think some are opposed to a religious showing by a government funded, tax exempt organization.

The Panthers (and every other team) pay taxes. The League itself recently changed its status to a tax-paying entity, as it had not been one in the past. The Panthers are a different entity than the League though.

The Panthers (and every other team) pay taxes. The League itself recently changed its status to a tax-paying entity, as it had not been one in the past. The Panthers are a different entity than the League though.

Well

1. As some have mentioned, people pay taxes which go to building stadiums and funding other things the team might do

2. Regardless of that lots of people don't want to be subject to christian prayers while at a secular event

3. As another person mentioned, it's unfair unless you include every single religion on earth that could conceivably have someone represented at the game or in the very least the popular ones in the pregame prayer which is inconvenient.

No favoritism.

Honor all religions with the same access, or no public money.

The Panthers do encourage people of all faiths to give the invocation, per their website.

Most of these invocations at Panthers games aren't super religious. They're mostly the "Be safe, we hope/pray you aren't injured, treat each other with respect" etc etc.

Let me see if I can google the definition of "most" real quick...

And how come you didn't post the Reggie Tuggle invocation?

As long as the Panthers are keeping the door open to everyone that's great. It's just odd to have it be such a public part of what most people expect to be just your usual pro sporting event.

Midway.png

Archived