New mothership logo coming Monday, March 30

nash61

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a downgrade, looks like the minimalist crap everyone around here praises, so no wonder most people like it

Aren't you a lovely source of joy. Maybe, just maybe, you're the crazy one. And not everyone else.

If I were the crazy one, then explain why the public opinion of things like the Jaguars and Buccaneers uniforms (Excluding the universally negative reaction towards the helmet/numbers) isn't like it is on here

Um...because you can't prove your claims? Every case of "people really like this terrible uniform, you people don't know what you're talking about!" is, at best, accompanied by evidence that amounts to little more then hearsay. Which is insufficient when making a definitive claim.

Anyway that's off-topic. You don't like the new logo. That's cool.

I like the change, but something about the connection of the star and the leaf on the left side (looking at it perspective) is off. It looks like the star has another point starting that doesn't line up with the other side.

Untitled_zpswluzzlpu.png

This part. The extra point that comes from the the separation line between the leaf and the star not lining up with point on the star.

IbjBaeE.png

I like the change, but something about the connection of the star and the leaf on the left side (looking at it perspective) is off. It looks like the star has another point starting that doesn't line up with the other side.

Untitled_zpswluzzlpu.png

This part. The extra point that comes from the the separation line between the leaf and the star not lining up with point on the star.

Like so?

CCSLC.png

It's where I sit.

That unneccessary spike on the lower left corner of the star will bug me forever.

Agreed. I want to love the new logo unequivocally, but that design element - which I find irksomely incongruous - just leaps out at me.

Overall, while nicely streamlined when compared to the previous logos, that one element spoils the overall design for me.

Chris was feeling left out of the roundel club, huh?

B5jj9NlCEAAB0F7.png

"Circle: To acknowledge our increase in including teams and leagues from the rest of the world, the leaf/star is now placed on a blue circle which some scholars may note is similar in shape and colour [sic] to a globe"

Of course...

Overall, I don't think it's an upgrade, but I do think it's a worthy move into the contemporary style of logos.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I guess it's really hard to design a logo that represents a website about logos, so I guess the "Can-Am Connection" theme works as well as anything.

The "circle represents a globe" line is pretty funny. The secondary logos are really nice, other than the bottom left of the maple leaf. I see a lightning bolt going through the logo. I think the secondary logos should eventually replace the roundel on the banner. I really like how they look when truncated, like in the avatar.

Maybe there could have been subtle silver "C"s in the outside and inside of the roundel.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Untitled_zpswluzzlpu.png

Like so?

CCSLC.png

Or the line of demarcation could have been rotated counter-clockwise to the top point of the leaf and the bottom leg of the star. I think that would have ridded us of the star mutation.

But I like the change. Is the logo on the hat going to be that small? The logo on the gray shirt looks massive.

gYH2mW9.png

Untitled_zpswluzzlpu.png

Like so?

CCSLC.png

Or the line of demarcation could have been rotated counter-clockwise to the top point of the leaf and the bottom leg of the star. I think that would have ridded us of the star mutation.

But I like the change. Is the logo on the hat going to be that small? The logo on the gray shirt looks massive.

Yeah, that bugs me. It creates an unbalanced star.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/03/30/sportslogos-net-unveils-new-logo/

Way to post without Chris' explanation, goobers.

I LOVE it. I've never been a big fan of the original, particularly how the top of the C tucked behind the leaf/star so this is a welcome change. I am buying that (wolf) grey shirt.

I noticed the way the top of the C contrasted a couple of days ago and it made me freak out.

Tshirts for everyone!

Archived