MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

14 hours ago, jp1409 said:

MLB would certainly end up looking like beer league slo-pitch with black pants, monochrome uniforms... MLB was perfect and they now try to get as gimmicky as the other sports with panels, sublimation... Do we really want them to "innovate" with colored pants on top of that?

I hate the panels and sublimation myself. As for colored pants, I would not want to see that all the time myself, especially with baseball's history of white and grey pants. With some uniforms, I honestly think it would be nice to change it up a little bit, definitely not all the time. I honestly prefer white and grey pants for Baseball but I like the idea of a change up from time to time. Sometimes, I think teams like the Orioles for example, when they wear their orange jersey would look good with black pants, or in the Pirates' case, I really like the idea of yellow with black pants. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2016 at 3:39 PM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

A number of those elements did disappear for years, although they reappeared more recently.  One never did, though.

BoyzIIMenMarlins_nfdsu8uu_2oyup2e4.JPG

Hmm...  Although I'm having trouble finding the original pictures of the actual jersey.  I distinctly remember the reveal as well as the outrage on this board when it quietly was scuttled without a word.  The Marlins new identity was revealed while we were in Detroit for Marnen's wedding.  We were staying at a Red Roof Inn, and I'd watched the third episode of Grimm the night before with the bee queen who ended up getting dealt with by Adalind.  The cake was yellow with flowers.  On the drive back through Pennsylvania we listened to a radio show that consisted of two guys watching the football games on TV with it audible in the background while they commented on it.  Basically, when I distinctly remember something, I remember it vividly.  The fact that I'm having trouble finding this is driving me crazy.

You're saying that when the Marlins did their Miami rebranding reveal, November 11, 2011, that they revealed that blue jersey as an official team jersey?

I picked up this year's Diamond Era Tigers cap.  The orange one.  Yes, its loud, but I like it.  I got the non-spring training version.  It has the league emblem embossed on the side, but not the spring training patch.  It fits true to size (7 3/8) and sits lower (crown not as high) than the BP caps from last year, but the materials are the same. 

19 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Brewers have "solved" the problem they made for themselves with the two golds. Rather than have two sets of white pants, one with metallic gold and the other with athletic gold, they've removed the trim entirely and now wear plain white pants. Ugh.

That's upsetting. They're going to look like a guy who decided to wear his Brewers jersey as a last minute Halloween costume and bought white pants at the closest sporting goods store. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

No, because one year, I was that guy, and I still found pants with navy braiding.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

10 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

You're saying that when the Marlins did their Miami rebranding reveal, November 11, 2011, that they revealed that blue jersey as an official team jersey?

I remember seeing it hung up or maybe laid out on its own with the cap, not worn like everything else.  This really is making me question my sanity.  It's not as though it's a thing that I recently thought back on wistfully, it's something I've thought of for the last five years rather continuously.  Hmm...

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, rsaline said:

It's a video game combo with the hat, but they did wear the black vest with a purple shirt once in San Francisco in 2005 (maybe more). It hasn't happened since then because it was ugly.

1471421059_11fb2b02a5_o.jpg

Ugly but still better than black vest with black shirt...

1 minute ago, LEWJ said:

So far so good ?

I approve, though I'd marginally prefer the red stripes to have white outlines, to better match the uniform.

What I don't approve of is having a white front panel on the cap in conjunction with grey pants. Have a separate road BP cap if you want to use a white front panel on your home BP ca.

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I remember seeing it hung up or maybe laid out on its own with the cap, not worn like everything else.  This really is making me question my sanity.  It's not as though it's a thing that I recently thought back on wistfully, it's something I've thought of for the last five years rather continuously.  Hmm...

The blue jersey was not shown at the unveil, nor can I recall it ever being shown in any official context.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Something baseball needs to get a lid on this year: Matching socks on the same team. Last year I remember a game with the A's where 3 different kinds of socks were being worn on the field at the same time. That's bush league and inexcusable at the major league level. I think the Pirates had similar issues too. 

Every team should designate a sock as their official team sock. if it's solid color, that's fine, if it's striped, that's fine too, but every player on the team should be wearing the same pattern. If a guy chooses to wear stirrups those stirrups should match the solid socks the other players are wearing. This isn't hard. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 2/18/2016 at 2:15 PM, BJ Sands said:

That uniform annoys me . . . on many, many levels.

Also, the cap is wrong if, as shown a few pages back, it has a white P outlined in yellow.  The original had a solid yellow P.

willie-stargell4.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

13 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Yeah man, sorry but I'm pretty sure your mind has mixed something up. The Marlins blue jersey is a fashion jersey sold at the team store and has never been official. It definitely was not a part of the 2011 unveiling.

14 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The navy Jays hat seems as out of place as expected. It looks like a production mistake that they're trying to cover thinking we won't notice the different shade...

Hence the problem with so much of this garbage spring training jersey and cap idea. The insane amount of inconsistencies and mismatching of colors and logos its mind blowing.

Archived