Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the Rams are rocking yellow helmets tonight.

I'm sure this as been discussed elsewhere, but are the color rush helmets new helmets, or the same helmets with new decals/paint applied? I remember a few years ago when the NFL instituted a rule that forbade teams from using multiple helmets for safety reasons. Has this rule been waived?

Does anyone know? Tell the truth!

Concussion+YNMS+03.png?token=VfIaTjxQnxq

I see the Rams are rocking yellow helmets tonight.

I'm sure this as been discussed elsewhere, but are the color rush helmets new helmets, or the same helmets with new decals/paint applied? I remember a few years ago when the NFL instituted a rule that forbade teams from using multiple helmets for safety reasons. Has this rule been waived?

Does anyone know? Tell the truth!

Concussion+YNMS+03.png?token=VfIaTjxQnxq

Rams are rocking navy helmets with yellow decals.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's the socks. the socks are what kills it. You allow them to wear standard white socks and allow the upper leg to match the helmet, and you have actual, acceptable, if not decent uniforms. Each of these pieces are ok, it's the whole package together, and the part that looks abnormal is from the knee down

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It's the socks. the socks are what kills it. You allow them to wear standard white socks and allow the upper leg to match the helmet, and you have actual, acceptable, if not decent uniforms. Each of these pieces are ok, it's the whole package together, and the part that looks abnormal is from the knee down

I agree. I don't mind this whole monochrome business with decent colors and design but when you start doing it from head to toe and not breaking it up with any contrast it becomes really annoying.

bSLCtu2.png

My wife said last night it looks like they are wearing tights when she saw them.... She said it looks funny.... The socks kill it for sure but full color socks kills any look to me... Did anyone see the punter last night that had the white part on his socks??? I think it was the Rams I wonder if he will get fined for that....

I agree. I don't mind this whole monochrome business with decent colors and design but when you start doing it from head to toe and not breaking it up with any contrast it becomes really annoying.

I pretty much agree 100% with both of theses statements, Monochrome isn't ideal by any means the vast majority of the time, but every once in a while it is perfectly fine with me as long as it is done well. Color Rush is not. Regular socks and shoes would go a long way in taking these uniforms from nausea inducing to, at the very least, tolerable, for me anyway

I did see a couple players for the rams wearing white or navy/black shoes, and even that little bit of contrast on the bottom half went a long way in improving the uniform, (but they were still pretty bad).

So it IS navy, not royal. That cancels out the only logical explanation for the white in the pants stripe. I assumed they were just re-purposing the throwback pants. But no, those are new pants specifically designed for this uniform.

Yes. Dumb.

No. The white creates a great and timeless striping pattern. The problem is that they didn't have any white on the jerseys. They could have made the sleeves white, essentially making an inverse of the old road jerseys which had yellow sleeves.

Aside from the use of navy, toilet collars and monochrome, the jerseys looked pretty nice. Remove the collar, go back to royal blue and pair these with white pants, and I think you've got a really respectable alternate for the LA Rams. But I don't want to see yellow be the primary jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Am I the only one that likes the navy with yellow? I think it makes the yellow pop even more than the royal blue.

As for the rest, hello Texans blood clot suit. Plus I have a morbid facination to see the Patiots in all silver. Just for the hell of it. Raiders would probably go mono black.

Archived