College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

I agree, brown and yellow are the best?Sorry,had to take the opportunity!!

images.png

It bothers me that the B and W are brown, but everything else that isn't yellow is black. It's not a bad logo by any means, but couldn't it have been all black or brown?

6 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It bothers me that the B and W are brown, but everything else that isn't yellow is black. It's not a bad logo by any means, but couldn't it have been all black or brown?

There is one with the brown replacing the black,but it doesn't look good,especially on the yellow jacket. Actually,we hardly use black on any of our uniforms. We only use it as an accent. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

It appears as though the new Jordan Brand Michigan home uniforms can be seen in the back left of this picture:

image.thumb.jpeg.506927793768154f73f8da6

Nothing groundbreaking or unexpected from what I can tell, and template wise it looks like it could be either Nike's Mach speed or Vapor untouchable template (or a variation of one of them), as it appears there is a triangle like insert at the base of the collar.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I think it's just the old block numbers champion use to have. I forget the actual name of it, but it doesn't look like a new custom font. I believe you guys are thinking its angled because of the guy in fron blocking off portions of the number

Will Muschamp was asked if South Carolina is getting new uniforms to go along with the modified garnet helmets. Per an article this morning:

“You’ll see it in the fall,” Muschamp said. “I’m going to talk to the seniors. I want them to have some input in that. They have a lot better imagination than I do.”

Article

I would think this means that they are definitely working on some new uniforms, given that the school just re-upped with UA and that there has to be a certain lag time for them to produce new unis before the season starts. 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I think it's just the old block numbers champion use to have. I forget the actual name of it, but it doesn't look like a new custom font. I believe you guys are thinking its angled because of the guy in fron blocking off portions of the number

Yeah something like this...to me it looks like Stahls' block varsity font (or whatever the correct name is).  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

51 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

Will Muschamp was asked if South Carolina is getting new uniforms to go along with the modified garnet helmets. Per an article this morning:

“You’ll see it in the fall,” Muschamp said. “I’m going to talk to the seniors. I want them to have some input in that. They have a lot better imagination than I do.”

Article

I would think this means that they are definitely working on some new uniforms, given that the school just re-upped with UA and that there has to be a certain lag time for them to produce new unis before the season starts. 

Oh man...seniors designing imaginative uniforms is always a win-win.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

IT looks like they just threw the jersey on and it isn't sitting properly like it should. The number 2 looks like a generic block 2 from the nearest sports store so it may simply be a rush job so the players can see it. I would hope they keep something similar to what's on the adidas jersey up front.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't think South Carolina updated to the newest Under Armour template, so they would be due to do so here shortly. I can only imagine the new contract would help with that, and UA seems to like to promote SC a lot for whatever reason.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

For a modern look, I thought their current uniforms were fantastic and I'm not a huge modern uniform lover. I would choose stripes over anything. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

I wonder if this includes changes to the helmets too. It sounds like it but it doesn't seem completely certain. They really need to go back to the regular red helmet.

3 hours ago, tron1013 said:

Article

Could either be good or really, really awful. I just hope that the "tail feather" helmets Carolina wore against UF will never again be used in any capacity. In a perfect world, they'd just wear the regular white helmet, as well as the garnet one. 

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

1 hour ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

Could either be good or really, really awful. I just hope that the "tail feather" helmets Carolina wore against UF will never again be used in any capacity. In a perfect world, they'd just wear the regular white helmet, as well as the garnet one. 

Muschamp should just make UA hire the guy who runs the Gamecockology Instagram account. His ideas would be great in action:

BiTlYJkIAAAIflR.jpgCZgBqFrWEAARpFS.jpg4a3d6111c19414c95cc7b38f5b3f7e3f.jpg

On March 24, 2016 at 2:45 PM, tron1013 said:

Muschamp should just make UA hire the guy who runs the Gamecockology Instagram account. His ideas would be great in action:

BiTlYJkIAAAIflR.jpgCZgBqFrWEAARpFS.jpg4a3d6111c19414c95cc7b38f5b3f7e3f.jpg

I wouldn't mind the throwback look, but I also love the black uniforms worn last year and would want to see them with the new template. Also the new garnet helmets look lighter than the ones worn last year in my opinion, I think they look a lot better without the white circle.

When I opened the thread I saw that top SC photo with the garnet helmet and thought "nice".  Then scrolled down and saw the black helmet and thought "oh well, no surprise there and the helmet is decent looking."  Then I saw the giant gamecock and realized nobody ever again will have fewer than three helmets.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived