College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

That OSU Pro Combat was one of the best ever. I remember hearing rumors their new set would be a modernized version of that. To me, it just looks like an Arena football take on it. Go back to that with a white and orange version, stick to that one beautiful helmet, and be done with it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

That OSU Pro Combat was one of the best ever. I remember hearing rumors their new set would be a modernized version of that. To me, it just looks like an Arena football take on it. Go back to that with a white and orange version, stick to that one beautiful helmet, and be done with it.

Amen! And amen! 

Seriously, that's all the Beavers ever needed to do.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Just watched some highlights of the Oregon game this weekend.

They actually looked like ducks and I loved it!

After seeing them, they really didn't look that bad but with the outcome of the game, I hope they either never wear them again or at least not for a while.

2 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

After seeing them, they really didn't look that bad but with the outcome of the game, I hope they either never wear them again or at least not for a while.

After hearing what important donors thought about them, I don't think we will be seeing those ever again. Orange is a losing color, just ask Oregon St.

32 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Based on the latest Oregon practice report, it looks like Oregon finally has their satin apple green helmets back, along with a bunch of new practice jerseys that are based on the Alamo Bowl sets.

Football Practice Report: Sept. 2685866

Thank god. Those are by far their best helmets right now and I figured it was just a matter of time until they had them again.   I find it a bit odd that they got more new practice jerseys after already getting basic new Nike VU practice jerseys in green and white prior to fall camp but whatever, it doesn't really matter. Here's a closeup shot at the back of the white ones:

IMG_2200.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Stated reasoning behind them aside, there is absolutely no good reason whatsoever for the Ducks to be wearing orange. That's just not right. Ohio State should never wear blue and Duke should never wear Carolina blue. You just don't wear your rival's colors.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 9/25/2016 at 7:33 PM, WavePunter said:

I agree with the helmet.. An alternate look doesn't always have to be an entire head-to-toe uniform.. A grey jersey with they're normal helmet and pants would suffice for Tennessee (and many/most others as well)

I think they did that with Adidas.

tennessee-vols-new-smokey-gray-uniforms-

White helmet sticks out like a sore thumb.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

1 hour ago, CRichardson said:

Stated reasoning behind them aside, there is absolutely no good reason whatsoever for the Ducks to be wearing orange. That's just not right. Ohio State should never wear blue and Duke should never wear Carolina blue. You just don't wear your rival's colors.

You can't ignore the given reason, say that there is no good reason for doing something, and then explain yourself by saying "because I said so".

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Thank god. Those are by far their best helmets right now and I figured it was just a matter of time until they had them again.   I find it a bit odd that they got more new practice jerseys after already getting basic new Nike VU practice jerseys in green and white prior to fall camp but whatever, it doesn't really matter. Here's a closeup shot at the back of the white ones:

IMG_2200.JPG

Nike seems to be making more custom practice jerseys for their premier teams, though Texas went to a more conservative look this year. I'd love to see Ohio State go with something using the Northwestern stripes, similar to what the Browns used when they came back in 1999.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/25/2016 at 4:45 AM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Frankly these are the best Oregon State uniforms:

orst-05-06-allwhite-shellycastellano-vert-620x930.jpg

It's funny how seeing both the jerseys and the shoes can transport you back to an early to mid 2000s time period. The jerseys were in what I consider the early "modern" phase of jerseys and those cleats look like something I would have worn in high school around that time. Nike footwear doesn't quite look the same these days.

SEAsig.png

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_2200.JPG

This is a really nice look actually. Loooooove that helmet. If you pair this jersey and helmet with the matching apple green pants with one yellow stripe, it's great for the road. For a home uni, use apple green jerseys with yellow numbers and black outline. those could be worn with yellow or white pants, with green stripe. That is a beautiful look for oregon. unfortunately they typically take it 5 steps farther, and end up with some overdesigned mess with zombie duck heads, wordmarks on the pants, and other shenanigans.

Archived