College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

ESPN just posted this horrible "article" about what would happen if Oregon was in charge of some CFB uniforms:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17556361/putting-college-football-most-iconic-uniforms-oregon?ex_cid=espnfb

I really hope the day never comes where this is what uniforms look like

espn content without mentions of kaepernick and race tensions? what a time to be alive

20 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

ESPN just posted this horrible "article" about what would happen if Oregon was in charge of some CFB uniforms:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17556361/putting-college-football-most-iconic-uniforms-oregon?ex_cid=espnfb

Did Paul Lucas come up with those designs? The person who threw those together didn't apply any thought into them at all. At least Oregon can pretend that they did.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, Sk2k said:

espn content without mentions of kaepernick and race tensions? what a time to be alive

Can't wait until next Throwback Thursday when we get an earful of LeBron's decision and the Kobe sex scandal. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

8 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Can't wait until next Throwback Thursday when we get an earful of LeBron's decision and the Kobe sex scandal. 

I think the OJ Bronco chase will be the week after, followed by a retrospective on John Rocker.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

30 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Did Paul Lucas come up with those designs? The person who threw those together didn't apply any thought into them at all. At least Oregon can pretend that they did.

Exactly. Plus, Oregon didn't go for a realistic duck look. They just picked colors that matched the mascot. It would be like Ohio State wearing a plain dark brown helmet, light brown facemask, striped jersey and red pants. Not sure why they put the weird eyes on there and everything.

The concept is fine, but the execution is completely wrong.

1 minute ago, AndrewMLind said:

You mean like this:

IMG_2507.PNG

I think I just threw up a little . . . in my mouth. Just posting concepts from fans and adding no actual commentary on the designs is just crap. Michigan looked like it merged with Georgia Tech on a couple of designs.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

32 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Saw that link posted on r/cfb a lil bit ago, this was the best response.

HH8GOFy.jpg

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

The issue is that ESPN had a subpar graphic designer rush through this in 24 hours instead of making sure each detail made sense or was accurate. Same thing happens with so many of posts in the concept forum, and people tell the original poster to go back and take their time. Not to mention it's practically using the TeamBuilder template with a helmet that Riddell doesn't even sell anymore. 

4 hours ago, BigDmo said:

This is really ridiculous. Not only are the uniforms terrible, but why would you call it Oregon-izing? Since when does making crazy terrible uniform designs relate to Oregon? Oregon has quite a few, no question, but it seems that anytime any person on these sport sites that aren't uniform exclusive makes out-of-the-box designs, they attach "Oregon" to it. What Oregon is wearing this week is probably the craziest they ever worn (outside of the pink unis). If they really want to compare it something, they should compare it to Mr. Design Junkie. I really don't see any resemblance to Oregon here, just crazy terrible designs with "Let's get Oregon-ized" as the title.

40 minutes ago, MCH925 said:

This is really ridiculous. Not only are the uniforms terrible, but why would you call it Oregon-izing? Since when does making crazy terrible uniform designs relate to Oregon? Oregon has quite a few, no question, but it seems that anytime any person on these sport sites that aren't uniform exclusive makes out-of-the-box designs, they attach "Oregon" to it. What Oregon is wearing this week is probably the craziest they ever worn (outside of the pink unis). If they really want to compare it something, they should compare it to Mr. Design Junkie. I really don't see any resemblance to Oregon here, just crazy terrible designs with "Let's get Oregon-ized" as the title.

Thank you so much for saying this. As an Oregon fan, it's extremely irritating when people attach Oregon to s*** like this.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

While I'm not the biggest fan of this weekend's uniform, Oregon at least kept things subtle by just doing color-blocking and not overloading it with a bunch of patterns, textures, and helmet graphics.  The ones that ESPN did incorporated everything that would have made Oregon's attempt absolutely atrocious.

1 hour ago, MCH925 said:

Since when does making crazy terrible uniform designs relate to Oregon?

Because they were the instigators of the fashion show that is college football.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived