College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, benpc21 said:

Found this on Instagram, but looks like WSU has a new anthracite helmet they plan on wearing Saturday with their anthracite uniforms.

image_zpsoqf2rnn9.png

Here is the full look: 

WSU 2.PNG

Other looks this weekend: 

Air Force.PNG

Cincinnati.PNG

Colorado.jpg

MTSU.PNG

UNC.PNG

Vandy.PNG

Illinois changed the facemask from navy to white

Illinois White Facemask.PNG

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Northwestern vs Nebraska

#Fire 

I hope Nebraska stays with this look. Usually they look super generic in a Wisconsin way

usa-today-9562518.0.jpg

This is a good look, but it's not a good full time look for Nebraska.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, benpc21 said:

Found this on Instagram, but looks like WSU has a new anthracite helmet they plan on wearing Saturday with their anthracite uniforms.

image_zpsoqf2rnn9.png

I'm kind of surprised how nice this helmet and the rest of the uniform look.  I'm usually not a fan of stuff like this.  My one critique is that the helmet feels ripped off from Montana.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

I'm kind of surprised how nice this helmet and the rest of the uniform look.  I'm usually not a fan of stuff like this.  My one critique is that the helmet feels ripped off from Montana.  

More like Montana ripped off from Wazzu.  Wasn't Montana original colors copper orange and gold, but then switch to crimson and silver just like Washington State.  Correct me if I am wrong.

1 minute ago, orangefaniniowa said:

More like Montana ripped off from Wazzu.  Wasn't Montana original colors copper orange and gold, but then switch to crimson and silver just like Washington State.  Correct me if I am wrong.

No you're right, but when Montana switched to silver and maroon, they started with silver helmets, then went to pewter/anthracite the last few years.  They definitely had the much darker gray first.  Though copper and gold were awesome.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I'm really liking the new anthracite helmet as they finally have matching helmets for all their jerseys.

I also really like how they included the lighter grey outline on the logo to match the numbers on the anthracite jerseys. The crimson facemask looks really good on this helmet as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Rutgers is planning a"stripeout" (sections alternate wearing red and black) for the upcoming game vs. Michigan on 10/8.  Promotions have shown either the standard scarlet home uniform or the black "Dark Knight" uniform below.  Seems like there's a good chance that we'll be seeing the black uniform in action for the first time on that Saturday.

Archived