Best and Worst historical Super Bowl uni matchups

MCM0313

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Any love for Super Bowl 30?

super-bowl1996.jpg

Definitely a good, classic matchup. Hard to go wrong with old Steelers/Cowboys games when it comes to the uniforms.

Also, both the logo and decor for XXX is one of my all-time favorites. It makes me really wish they'd worn patches at that time. 

EDIT: Also, just a fair warning for everyone - be careful when google image searching "Super Bowl XXX". There's some, eh, suggestive material that pops up down the line.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I created a Google Forms where you can pick your five favorite Super Bowl uniform match-ups. Check it out here.

You need to remind people which teams participated in each game. I know them by heart but I'm sure many don't. It would also be nice to say each team's jersey color.

FWIW, I picked XIII (Dolphins aqua, Vikings white), XVII (Dolphins aqua, Redskins white), XX (Patriots red, Bears white), XXII (Broncos orange, Redskins white), and XLI (Bears navy, Colts white). I really wanted to pick one of the Giants-Patriots games because I love the Giants' red-heavy road set, but the Pats' crappy uniforms kept that from happening.

8 hours ago, vercetti said:

This one was pretty good.

706799521a06ee5671f4b43f964684e7.jpg

No, I don't think so. Those Cardinals uniforms are terrible.

I like this "scrimmage" look:

6401004p-super-bowl-xxv.jpg

The other two Bills matchups were pretty handsome too:

1992-super-bowl.jpg

920x1240.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That Buffalo/Washington matchup is one of the best, in my  opinion. Two classic uniforms, but each is entirely distinct. Distinct colours, striping, colour layout. Just a fantastic matchup between two great uniforms.

I'm not a fan of color v color, but I dont think I'd hate the Panthers in black vs the Broncos in orange. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

That Buffalo/Washington matchup is one of the best, in my  opinion. Two classic uniforms, but each is entirely distinct. Distinct colours, striping, colour layout. Just a fantastic matchup between two great uniforms.

Couldn't you also say that about the '80s matchups of Redskins-Dolphins and Redskins-Broncos and Redskins-Raiders? I mean, nobody else in the league at that time had Washington's pants stripes, and nobody else in the league worse burgundy anything.

Archived