Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With his affinity for the military, I'm surprised Desert Storm wasn't thrown out there, which would be even worse than Desert Knights

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

41 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Desert Knights would arguably be the worst name in team sports.

Nah. I personally give that nod to a minor league baseball team called the Biscuits.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

9 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Desert Knights? 

Jesus... Awful.

Somehow, I am wondering if Bill is just pulling these combos out of a hat at this point to prove a point that  his choice of Black Knights wasn't as bad as people made it out to be.. 

Now we are going after names that shouldn't be slapped on a 40 and older YMCA team. 

Texas.gif

1 hour ago, TornadoGTS said:

With his affinity for the military, I'm surprised Desert Storm wasn't thrown out there, which would be even worse than Desert Knights

The first thing I thing of when I read "Desert Knights" is soldiers in the Middle East, so, if that's what he's going for, it seems to be working.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Desert is superfluous and doesn't work for an ice hockey team. Seems kind of gimmicky. Dumb it down, less is more. Honestly, just call them Las Vegas. That would be sick.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The one thing I've noticed in this thread is no name this team chooses will be liked by anyone. No matter if it's a good name or identity, everyone in this thread will sh•t on it.

If these boards were around in 1991, how badly would the Sharks name and identity be ripped apart.

"Sharks? That a high school name. A pee-wee team name. What a joke. And teal? Pick a real damn color. Bush league"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think the reaction has been reasonably positive for plain ol'  Knights.

Its just that Foley doesn't like plain ol' Knights.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Honestly, I'd be fine with Black Knights now, seeing the alternatives. Likely his plan all along.

I just wish they'd keep it simple. Less adjectives. More nouns. And four word team names are ridiculous regardless.

2 hours ago, JQK said:

The one thing I've noticed in this thread is no name this team chooses will be liked by anyone. No matter if it's a good name or identity, everyone in this thread will sh•t on it.

Aces seemed like it was liked by the majority of people here. 

Just now, BrianLion said:

Aces seemed like it was liked by the majority of people here. 

Simply "Knights" w/o any adjective seems popular as well.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived