2016 Olympics

AnPheitseog

30 minutes ago, FGM13 said:

She just won a gold. While I'm celebrating getting my driver's licence, trying to get a job and preparing for grade 11, she's out there with four Olympic medals to her name. Crazy.

Just briefly saw bits of the ceremony including the flag raising.

Not sure how they decided which anthem was first; don't really care either way.

Since there was a tie for gold you'd think the flags would be side by side; not the United States flag placed directly above the Canadian flag (only thought I saw that in the brief second I was watching that part - correct me if I was seeing things).

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

Just briefly saw bits of the ceremony including the flag raising.

Not sure how they decided which anthem was first; don't really care either way.

Since there was a tie for gold you'd think the flags would be side by side; not the United States flag placed directly above the Canadian flag (only thought I saw that in the brief second I was watching that part - correct me if I was seeing things).

No, you saw that correctly.  We were wondering the same thing.

They probably only had three harnesses to raise flags, so if they wanted to put the gold medal countries in the middle harness (which usually is right in front or above the gold medal portion of the podium), they had to put one flag over the other. 

3 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

No, you saw that correctly.  We were wondering the same thing.

They probably only had three harnesses to raise flags, so if they wanted to put the gold medal countries in the middle harness (which usually is right in front or above the gold medal portion of the podium), they had to put one flag over the other. 

found a video:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/heres-simone-manuels-medal-ceremony-since-nbc-didnt-ai-1785186276

Figured I would heard a sh** storm about having the U.S. flag above the Canadian (plus having the U.S. anthem 1st) at least in the comments on some Canadian sites online but have heard nary a peep.  Not sure if there is a standard procedure on the ceremony for gold medal ties on flag placement and the order of anthems played in the Olympics or if it varies Olympics to Olympics (or even ceremony to ceremony).

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Since the USWNT's old coach Pete Carroll, I mean, Pia Sundhage left to coach her native Sweden, the USWNT is 0-2-2 against the Swedes.

What does she know that we don't?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

12 hours ago, Nyk33 said:

You would think after the Zika tweet she would learn the shut the hell up. .

You tell Hope Solo to shut up and come back  to tell us how that goes. Meet her in Houston or Miami and give her your thoughts.

She beat the hell out of her nephew who is 6'7" and 280.

USA basketball did its best to join the women's soccer team today against Serbia, holding on for a three point win, even giving up a potential game tying shot.

Durant seems to be playing like just a guy. Anthony can't always be the guy. When Irving doesn't have it, he's infuriating.  Harrison Barnes still isn't playing and WTF is he on the team.

If the US keeps hoping to coast on talent, they're going to lose to a team that's efforting it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived