College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

32 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

easily better than the black and green 00s mess we used to have. We played pretty decently too all things considering.

Don't forget these monstrosities:

IMG_6992.thumb.JPG.b5ec2fb080b1cbc4d16a1a18a15dee14.JPGIMG_6993.JPG.d4bc82ec004c52ebe83ce2d0f267749a.JPG

The white version wasn't quite as terrible, but still pretty bad:

IMG_6996.JPG.9d07eea969cf6eaba3d6d1a3c793d998.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

New UNLV field.They seems to be keeping theme with the LV Sign. Also, is that 50th roundel gonna be a patch on jerseys?

DIQibaqUMAA-6bb.jpg:large

All it needs to add is a black field and you have a winner...B)

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they pull these out they better use blue pants. 

I bet they'd work with their current white pants. I think I'd prefer white, but blue wouldn't be bad. Maize would look like a team of highlighters. 

5 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I think kids should be able to mix and match and have fun because it's college, not the NFL. We can criticize how bad their uniforms look till we're blue in the face, and I'll probably join you, but don't for a second pretend that kids on the University of Buffalo's football team should give a :censored: that they don't have an iconic brand. If they want to get hyped up about wearing black and chrome once in a while, go ahead, college is about exploration and having fun anyway.

Mixing and matching is fine.. In fact, I even mentioned it in my post.. The issue is 3+ helmets, multiple one-off uniforms, and entire head-to-toe alternates that dilute the brand.. Alabama players have plenty of fun winning rings every year with 1 helmet, 2 jerseys, and 1 pair of pants.. As stated previously, my issue with alternates is that so many teams create alternate helmets and pants to go with an alternate jersey.. Totally unnecessary.. A team should be able to create an alternate look with 1 (2 at  the most) alternate uniform element.. I think teams can be creative and have fun without being Oregon copycats.. 

49 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Mixing and matching is fine.. In fact, I even mentioned it in my post.. The issue is 3+ helmets, multiple one-off uniforms, and entire head-to-toe alternates that dilute the brand.. Alabama players have plenty of fun winning rings every year with 1 helmet, 2 jerseys, and 1 pair of pants.. As stated previously, my issue with alternates is that so many teams create alternate helmets and pants to go with an alternate jersey.. Totally unnecessary.. A team should be able to create an alternate look with 1 (2 at  the most) alternate uniform element.. I think teams can be creative and have fun without being Oregon copycats.. 

It's almost as if the players enjoy those sort of things or something. Unless you're some kind of blackout reveal hype video truther who thinks all of those are false flags by the apparel company or something stupid like that. You know the whole "Recruits love the crazy uniforms" thing wasn't original total bull, schools like Oregon and others who started doing more alts absolutely got a boost because of it because their willingness to appeal to a younger crowd did just that. It only stopped working when every single other school followed suit, and now it's a joke, but originally that idea had merit to it. In the end, it's all great to make fun of how colleges have really bad taste in how they arrange colors on tights, but we also have to step back and realize that our opinion doesn't mean anything, and that we aren't the target audience at all. It's like when people online point out plot holes in kids cartoons. They're not necessarily wrong, but they are far and away from the target audience and no one who is making the cartoon cares about their opinion. In a professional sport it's another matter, and those players are being paid lots of money to represent a brand, and should look as professional as possible. In college those kids are not being paid anything to work way more than the average student and maybe occasionally barely scrape enough funds to order a pizza that they are contractually obligated to not get for free. Let them look a little crazy.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

I bet they'd work with their current white pants. I think I'd prefer white, but blue wouldn't be bad. Maize would look like a team of highlighters. 

I was thinking more like actual ears of maize.

I hope they pair them with either white or blue pants, but I'm betting they'll go full corn on the cob.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

I bet they'd work with their current white pants. I think I'd prefer white, but blue wouldn't be bad. Maize would look like a team of highlighters

You misspelled Oregon. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

12 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Here's hoping they keep them when the raiders come to town. I think I might have schadenfreude when it comes to teams messing up uniforms and branding in general

The Raiders are scheduled to go straight into the new stadium in 3 years. If they had to play at Sam Boyd for a year I'm sure they'd buy new turf or repaint the red to black between games. Just don't use the crew from last year's Hall of Fame game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Raiders are scheduled to go straight into the new stadium in 3 years. If they had to play at Sam Boyd for a year I'm sure they'd buy new turf or repaint the red to black between games. Just don't use the crew from last year's Hall of Fame game. 

I think he was hoping UNLV would have similar markings when they move into the Raiders' stadium.  99.99% chance they won't have them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived