NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Danny said:

Old orange vs new orange:

cqGirqU.png

Everything about the new look seems inferior to the old orange sweater that they just replaced. They stripped away everything that was unique about it.

The new look isn't bad by any means, but it's not nearly as cool as what could have been.

24 minutes ago, steve61 said:

I'm not sure if it's any indication of changes to the away jerseys but both the Oilers Twitter and Instagram pages are sporting an orange outline around their logo

594ed1148760b_oilersinstagram.png.0833c5702302be3706644169afa92e4c.png594ed12c03c40_oilerstwitter.png.7fe51e2eb4013886215df642d8edf6a8.png

It's the new twitter circlular background, which cuts out most of the orange.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

17 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Plus another $200 for customization?  

Until July 31, you can get numbers and name for free if you pre-order.  Got that info from Canucks.com in the section about the new uniforms.  After that, I don't know how much it would cost to get it customized.

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I know I rallied against it earlier but :censored: it didn't stop anyone and didn't take. So what the hell? This was my idea for a Las Vegas alternate to play up the neon strip theme...

rXSmOXV.png

With a few minor adjustments, I wouldn't mind seeing something like that used for real. A neon alternate would be badass.

So the Kings want the full hem stripe on their roads and for the cup-winning blacks to stay more-or-less the same.  Fair enough.  But would it have killed them to make the sleeve stripes the same width on both jerseys?  Lights Out's assertion of laziness on their part is more than warranted.  The home jersey really should have been altered to match the superior road back in 2011.

On 6/24/2017 at 1:53 PM, Surf said:

Adidas is a garbage brand, first they destroyed the NBA with awful designs and sleeved jerseys, now they turn to hockey and do the same thing. 

Hockey jerseys have have always had sleeves, bro.

On 6/24/2017 at 3:04 PM, habsfan1 said:

Avs vs Canes match ups are going to be visually stunning, jersey aesthetic wise. Also Avs vs Stars, vs Golden Knights, vs Oilers, just to name a few more examples.

And also...is the unmatching home & road fad a thing for the Minnesota Wild? Has it become their thing or are they just too ignorant to match the sets better?

The Wild definitely embrace the variety in their wardrobe.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

35 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Hockey jerseys have have always had sleeves, bro.

Now I know why there is no alternates in next season, they're working on short sleeves jerseys for hockey :P

4r2eer.png

6 hours ago, Ark said:

I think instead of red, they should make that stripe many different colors to represent Las Vegas

05d43802283fbdea4e3b68f77f92353b.jpg

That's a really old photo of Fremont St. Way before they put the interactive roof over it. It doesn't look like that anymore... they recently took down the Glitter Gulch's girl, Vegas Vicki. And the Sassy Sally's sign isn't there anymore. 

There are less neons on Fremont, Now it taken over by Corporates to put more modern look to it and advertisement slapped all over the place... it look tacky now... 

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I know I rallied against it earlier but :censored: it didn't stop anyone and didn't take. So what the hell? This was my idea for a Las Vegas alternate to play up the neon strip theme...

rXSmOXV.png

That would look pretty cool.. but I think you should put the blue in the numbers, instead of yellow to make it stand out.  Also put the GK helmet on the shoulders deck out in neons too. 

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

rXSmOXV.png

Las Vegas Canucks circa 1994?

In any event, as fitting as this uniform would be, I think Vegas got it right. I think the main reason for the disappointment for the uniforms is the addition of red and the grey home uniforms (probably because grey is such a drab color).

NSFCvyu.png

one thing I've thought of, is on television you rarely see the front logo. You see the shoulders and helmet. I wonder if they thought that they didn't need red on the logo because it will be on the shoulder, helmet, pants, socks, goalie helmet etc. On just a fan or mannequin it does look out of place from front angle.

Archived