(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HedleyLamarr said:

I thought you were quitting the NHL?

tumblr_m6td7deXyo1qmzsz7o1_500.gif

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

2 minutes ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Crosby punches PK in the face, then later throws water bottle on ice after on call on slash.  Ugh.  

They should award him the Conn Smythe.  Would make about as much sense as him winning instead of Murray or even Kessel last year...

Jesus :censored::censored: CHRIST!!!

That is a penalty?!?!?!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

That is the lamest of lame insults.

Agreed.  It's frustrating to watch the same 4 teams win it all though.  31 franchises and we have to sit through this...  again.

I'm thoroughly convinced Morgo and SabresRule are the same poster. You'd be hard pressed to convince me otherwise.

As for the game, if Nashville can make it respectable and lose by 2, instead of 5, I think they enter Game 6 with a better mentality to hold serve at home and steal Game 7 on the road, like these very Pens did in '09. If not, I suspect they lose a hard fought game, something like 3-2 and the Internet collectively tells Pittsburgh fans to go blow it out their asses.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

3 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Agreed.  It's frustrating to watch the same 4 teams win it all though.  31 franchises and we have to sit through this...  again.

I have a feeling if the Flames were one of those four you wouldn't be so salty. 

28 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Pittsburgh on the good end of a terrible call that ends up with a goal for them. 

:censored: this :censored:. 

Subban retaliated which caused the matching minors. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Now the bottle-throwing was childish, petty, and extremely immature. Crosby's been in the league for 12 years, he knows better than to pull that crap. We also benefitted from the Foresberg roughing call, which should have been assessed to Maata.

But I'm still happy with the play tonight, and no matter how much of a dick he's been, Crosby's been the best player on the ice. Hopefully for the Predators Ellis gets better; he's one of the best rising defensemen in the league.

NSFCvyu.png

6 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

I have a feeling if the Flames were one of those four you wouldn't be so salty. 

Well, to be fair to Morgo, considering he literally said not 25 minutes ago: 

29 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Why even bother watching this joke of a league.  Always the same douchey teams with their entitled, spoiled fans winning it all.  4 of the most obnoxious teams winning since 2009.  When a Canadian team makes the final again, I will watch.  Until then I will not give a rats ass.  Goodbye.

Yes, I'd consider that a fair assumption. :P

5 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

I'm thoroughly convinced Morgo and SabresRule are the same poster. You'd be hard pressed to convince me otherwise.

As for the game, if Nashville can make it respectable and lose by 2, instead of 5, I think they enter Game 6 with a better mentality to hold serve at home and steal Game 7 on the road, like these very Pens did in '09. If not, I suspect they lose a hard fought game, something like 3-2 and the Internet collectively tells Pittsburgh fans to go blow it out their asses.

You mean...like...here? ; )

13 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

if Nashville can make it respectable and lose by 2, instead of 5, I think they enter Game 6 with a better mentality to hold serve at home and steal Game 7 on the road, like these very Pens did in '09. If not, I suspect they lose a hard fought game, something like 3-2 and the Internet collectively tells Pittsburgh fans to go blow it out their asses.

Not quite the same team but I get your point. Those Pens lost 5-0 then won a pair of gritty one-goal games to take the Cup. Nashville is wholly capable of doing the same, although I would wait to see if the injury to Ellis is significant. The Preds may be holding him out right now due to the score, but he could be seriously injured. We'll see.

NSFCvyu.png

Guentzel just tied the single season rookie playoff record for points scored.

He's my Conn Smythe winner if PIT wins the series.

I mean, if Justin Williams can win a Conn Smythe, why not this guy?

If he can break Ciccarelli's rookie goal scoring record (14 in '81) and get the points record by himself.... he'd get my vote.

Just now, JWhiz96 said:

Subban retaliated which caused the matching minors. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Subban retaliated because he was getting his head drilled into the ice! What's he supposed to do?! Its not even a theory anymore, dude. Theres a pile of evidence from these playoffs. And With all his concussions he's out there bashing a dudes head into the ice and the league gives both of them penalties. Flip it around, Crosby is getting his head drilled repeatedly into the ice and retaliates no effing way they call matching minors. He had to punch PK in the head multiple times just to get a minor call at all.

Best player in the world and he plays like he's Matt :censored:ing Cooke. It's gross and unnecessary and makes it harder to respect his amazing skill. 

Just now, JWhiz96 said:

Now the bottle-throwing was childish, petty, and extremely immature. Crosby's been in the league for 12 years, he knows better than to pull that crap. We also benefitted from the Foresberg roughing call, which should have been assessed to Maata.

MmmHmmm.

PvO6ZWJ.png

NBC producer: "Guys, we paid to have a camera crew in Nashville for the whole night... we HAVE to show a crowd shot down there."

Doc Emrick: "Fans outside of Bridgestone Arena still waiting for their Predators to get on the board tonight in Pittsburgh."

group-of-human-skeletons-sitting-around-

Archived