(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

Is this what being a Buffalo sports fan feels like?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Is this what being a Buffalo sports fan feels like?

Pretty much, but normally you have to shovel your car out afterward.

Maybe it's just me, but "Home Team Destroys Away Team" every game hasn't made for a terribly exciting series... Like, none of these games have even been close. It's like the '91 World Series, except not nearly as dramatic or interesting.

Just now, Cosmic said:

Pretty much, but normally you have to shovel your car out afterward.

Well, at least that made me laugh. Quite a feat, right now. Thanks.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

2 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Maybe it's just me, but "Home Team Destroys Away Team" every game hasn't made for a terribly exciting series... Like, none of these games have even been close. It's like the '91 World Series, except not nearly as dramatic or interesting.

Game 1 being the exception. 

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

4 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

The Stanley Cup Final hasn't been remotely interesting since 2011

50 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

1987 World Series is a better comparison. Home team wins every game and every game is a blowout.

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

Why even bother watching this joke of a league.  Always the same douchey teams with their entitled, spoiled fans winning it all.  4 of the most obnoxious teams winning since 2009.  When a Canadian team makes the final again, I will watch.  Until then I will not give a rats ass.  Goodbye.

Maybe the problem is that you are cheering for the team(s) in question.

(Please never cheer for the Blues.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

5 hours ago, smzimbabwe said:

So great, I had to look up who was in it, and quite honestly, I remember nothing about it...

It was one of the most evenly matched series we've seen, complete with one of the most exciting finishes to a Stanley Cup Final I can remember. 

So Pittsburgh won the Cup in their 24th & 25th season and likely will again in their 49th and 50th seasons.

Should we expect back to back again in their 74th & 75th?

Also in their 2 of their back to back Cups they had three patches on their jerseys

1992... NHL 75 Penguins 25 and 1991 Stanley Cup Final

2017... NHL 100 Penguins 50th and 2017 Stanley Cup Final

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

29 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Holding someone's leg because they're repeatedly punching your head into the ice isn't even close to matching infractions. It should've been a power play for Nashville, not offsetting minors. One is violent and the other is self-defense and if anyone pulled that :censored: on Crosby they would've gotten a game misconduct. 

Kerry Fraser thought it should've been an extra two for 87. 

Kerry Fraser was an NHL official for 30 years and will soon be in the Hockey hall of fame so he knows a little bit about what he's talking about.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived