Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

HedleyLamarr

Hawks,hung a tenner on 'em! Hope Schmaltz is okay.

Let's hear it for Throbbing Brain Ryan Reaves getting himself ejected with two minutes to go for trying to fight someone who walked away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Ovechkin just scored a 6 minute hattrick in a 5-4 SO win to open the season. 

Looks like I'm gonna need extra heart pills this season

It's going to be a LONG season with Ness-Chorney as the bottom pair. I would love to see Bowey-Djoos in that spot.

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

28 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Hawks,hung a tenner on 'em! Hope Schmaltz is okay.

The word from Q is that Schmaltz and Kero are both OK and will be good to go for Saturday.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Only prediction I have for this season is the Penguins will be bounced out in the playoffs by the New York Islanders.  My thinking is that history repeats itself and the last time the Penguins won two cups in a row they went out to the Islanders.

Hockey is fun.

Corey Perry was at his best tonight. Well, I say best, you'd all probably say worst, but I'd say best. :lol: 

Also, you can take the Mike Smith out of Arizona, but flopping goalies are forever.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

11 hours ago, CS85 said:

Penguins fans tonight:

8EWHOma.jpg

Well, we have 80 more games to improve. I'm sure the team will look back on this game and say to themselves, as they skate around a Western Conference teams arena hoisting The Cup for a third straight season, "Hey, remember when the Blackhawks scored 10 on us?". :P

1 hour ago, Viola73 said:

Well, we have 80 more games to improve. I'm sure the team will look back on this game and say to themselves, as they skate around a Western Conference teams arena hoisting The Cup for a third straight season, "Hey, remember when the Blackhawks scored 10 on us?". :P

Y'know there's a reason that we all cheer for literally every other team other than the Pens in the playoffs right?

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Hockey is fun.

Corey Perry was at his best tonight. Well, I say best, you'd all probably say worst, but I'd say best. :lol: 

Also, you can take the Mike Smith out of Arizona, but flopping goalies are forever.

To be fair Domingue flopping is nothing new, I'm still curious to see what Raanta looks like as a #1 goalie.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

3 hours ago, Viola73 said:

You're just the worst.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 hours ago, Viola73 said:

"BUT WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE THE PENS???"

spacer.png

I am so excited to watch the Kane-Schmaltz-Hartman (K-Shart?) line for the next two weeks, until the referees go back to never calling holding or obstruction again and every game's 3-2 in a shootout.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

21 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

I am so excited to watch the Kane-Schmaltz-Hartman (K-Shart?) line for the next two weeks, until the referees go back to never calling holding or obstruction again and every game's 3-2 in a shootout.

Hawks Twitter was calling them the Crazy 8's (88,38,8)

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

You hate us 'cause you ain't us.:D

A fan base that acts like it's the ultimate authority on how to be hockey fans despite the fact that, you know, it didn't give two :censored:s about the team in the period before they got a generational talent? Yeah, I think I'll pass on being that.

6fQjS3M.png

46 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

You do realize your team is currently on pace for a 41 point season, and has a worse record than the Avalanche, right?

I am not above taking the cheap shots, while I can.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

2 hours ago, Viola73 said:

ohhhhhhh right right right that's what I meant to say. 

Honestly I'd take the Caps' lack of cups and constant disappointments over being a Pens fan any day of the week. You guys are the Patriots of hockey. 

spacer.png

Archived