Jump to content

MLB changes 2018?


ANGELCAT-IDA61
 Share

Recommended Posts

With the way those mouth/chin guards are perpetuating the sport, shouldnt the helmet in a TATC uniform be a football or motorcycle-style model? 

 

Also, wouldn't the designs be so minimalist that they'd just be tiny letters on the sleeve and plain front, kinda like the early 1900s?  Also, you're telling me they haven't improved the pants at all between now and whenever "then" is supposed to be?  Still doubleknit ploy with a leather belt?  Seems outdated even today, let alone in... the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

You know what I noticed? The Majestic logo on those Royals and Mariners TATC uniforms is on the shoulder. I never realized that was a thing.

 

Because of the vest I'm guessing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

You know what I noticed? The Majestic logo on those Royals and Mariners TATC uniforms is on the shoulder. I never realized that was a thing.

If you take a look at other teams that have worn vests, that's where Majestic has their logos. Only place they can really put it. 

 

16db9b88d9515580a78d5965b066ac2d_L.jpg

josh-hamilton-21-october-2010.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, not 100% confirmed yet, but according to the Marlins broadcasters the cap to be worn for the 1993 anniversary weekend games is all teal but is the inaccurate version with the centered logo, the white outline, slightly different shape of the top fin, the 25th anniversary patch, and the white New Era logo on the left side...

 

It's also possible that the broadcast team just grabbed this version off the shelves in the team store and that on June 8th the team wears a more accurate version but so far this seems to be the way they're going with this. 

 

Not that they won't still look great but of course I know you guys would appreciate someone pointing out the details on this one.

 

With that said, has there even been a 100% accurate throwback any time in recent memory? Seems like every single one has at least one minor detail that ruins it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

So, not 100% confirmed yet, but according to the Marlins broadcasters the cap to be worn for the 1993 anniversary weekend games is all teal but is the inaccurate version with the centered logo, the white outline, slightly different shape of the top fin, the 25th anniversary patch, and the white New Era logo on the left side...

 

It's also possible that the broadcast team just grabbed this version off the shelves in the team store and that on June 8th the team wears a more accurate version but so far this seems to be the way they're going with this. 

 

Not that they won't still look great but of course I know you guys would appreciate someone pointing out the details on this one.

 

With that said, has there even been a 100% accurate throwback any time in recent memory? Seems like every single one has at least one minor detail that ruins it. 

 

Sounds like they're describing a Lids exclusive hat. New Era has the correct fish in their graphics files, as they make plenty of hats with the correct 1993-2011 logo. Also it's kind of odd they'd say the hats will have a 25 anniversary patch since the regular 2018 hats don't have that.

 

edit: Welp...Bmac just answered my doubts below. It looks like the top fin is the same as the original?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2018 at 10:32 AM, phutmasterflex said:

If you take a look at other teams that have worn vests, that's where Majestic has their logos. Only place they can really put it. 

 

16db9b88d9515580a78d5965b066ac2d_L.jpg

josh-hamilton-21-october-2010.jpg

Before the batterman took up permanent residence on the neckline, vested clubs would put a maker’s mark there.

 

IMG_3635.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Digby said:

This Angels jersey is a disaster with the dark camo lettering on red. 

I was just about to post the same thing.  Those Angels Memorial Day jerseys are a special kind of putrid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2018 at 8:00 PM, Digby said:

This Angels jersey is a disaster with the dark camo lettering on red. 

Should have stuck to the traditional gray roads or given the jersey white outlines for the camo, but I'd much rather they go with option 1.

Example A: Notice how the O's gave up their Saturday orange to wear their Memorial Day roads in Tampa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm one who has always tolerated the special event uniforms and never gets worked up about them but this year's Memorial day uniforms are horrifically bad. By far the worst special event uniforms ever. They're so hard on the eyes and difficult to read and just so damn dark and the combinations with some of the alternate unis are so bad. And why is the lettering a different green than the sleeve patches? And the lettering looks more black than anything. I really think it says something when even the more positive or less critical fans are like "woah what the heck is that?" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.