FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Fixing those two goes a long way towards making the whole set better;

 

wvfont_zpsctyisvkv.png

 

The edited 5 still looks more like an S.  Your 3 is a definite improvement though.  I still don't like the pointy question mark 7.

 

To me the last number set was perfect for WVU.  Unique, fits the logo, doesn't try too hard

 

Image result for darwin cook wvu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, razorback447 said:

 

They got them in 2016. 

 

05655de3640c4987877b40857a7ee6ac.jpg?ito

All I could think of last night watching the NW/Purdue game was how much better NW would look in purple pants ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

thought the same thing, seems like schools don't like their official colors anymore. Been saying this for a few years, can't wait to see all the Vader-Stormtrooper matchups this season...again. 

Tune in to the Badgers... they still stick to their actual colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some people liked it, but Minnesota looked terrible in all white.  They needed to have a maroon helmet and either maroon or gold pants.  All white is a look I associate with Wisconsin.  Looking like your biggest divisional rival?  I mean, let's just march out Alabama in Blue and Orange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pianoknight said:

I know some people liked it, but Minnesota looked terrible in all white.  They needed to have a maroon helmet and either maroon or gold pants.  All white is a look I associate with Wisconsin.  Looking like your biggest divisional rival?  I mean, let's just march out Alabama in Blue and Orange. 

It's less about liking it and more about not wanting to acknowledge how bad the rest of the set is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ducks are breaking in their yellow helmets during today’s walkthrough:

Dl8hMmBV4AA-r6X?format=jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

WVU going blue, white, blue

 

 

 

I'll go ahead and say it...i still dig their number font. I know everyone hates on "nikespeak" (often deservedly so) but i think the pick axe inspiration is kinda cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shaydre1019 said:

 

I'll go ahead and say it...i still dig their number font. I know everyone hates on "nikespeak" (often deservedly so) but i think the pick axe inspiration is kinda cool. 

i agree. It's a cool number font. Could still use a few tweaks here and there, but still unique. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i didnt see it yesterday, but it looks like UCF got a new white jersey at the least....

 

37f3f20a-13ba-40c8-9d8f-d27637bf1bf3-usa

 

This was their look for 2018 in white

 

bfe6235fffdd498487645ad2ad0183ac.jpg?ito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

i didnt see it yesterday, but it looks like UCF got a new white jersey at the least....

 

37f3f20a-13ba-40c8-9d8f-d27637bf1bf3-usa

 

This was their look for 2018 in white

 

bfe6235fffdd498487645ad2ad0183ac.jpg?ito

 

I like the black pants but the gold numbers don't look good. UCF has a lighter, almost cream colored gold and it doesn't separate from the white enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Tune in to the Badgers... they still stick to their actual colors.

I'd say Penn State too but their away look is a stormtrooper look that was around way before it was called that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see this one yet, granted Mullen said they'd be in this combo for his first game months and months ago.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Placebo said:

A fine looking uniform. 

 

 

Indeed.  Underrated in my opinion.  That script on the helmet  tops it off, no pun intended lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

 

The edited 5 still looks more like an S.  Your 3 is a definite improvement though.  I still don't like the pointy question mark 7.

 

To me the last number set was perfect for WVU.  Unique, fits the logo, doesn't try too hard

 

Image result for darwin cook wvu

 

I still wish WVU had never left that look. In a creatively crazy kinda way, the yellow quasi-stripes form a neat stylized "W"... I always loved that about those jerseys. That, and that particular number font was unique without trying too hard.

 

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

 

I like the black pants but the gold numbers don't look good. UCF has a lighter, almost cream colored gold and it doesn't separate from the white enough. 

 

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if at some point in the season UCF goes back to black-base numbers. FSU tried the bright gold number thing when their current set debuted and I don't think they made it three weeks into the season before the garnet numbers reappeared on their road whites.

 

(Either that or some of these schools can spine up and start requesting a darker, richer, truer "gold" color rather than this washed-out faded khaki hue Nike uses....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.