College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We're connecting them all together...no, literally. Like we just threw all the uniforms in a blender and this popped out. It's the fabric version of a KFC Bowl."

If only Minnesota had some pre-existing, unique phrase they could have used instead of "Row the Boat." Something that really conveyed that Ski-U-Mah feeling, you know? 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Minnesota, for the most part, keeps looking more and more like what the Redskins would if they ever chose to redesign their uniforms.

This is a great quote.

Some of the first DC concepts I can remember were supposedly semi-officially considered. ?format=2500w

?format=2500w

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

10 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Paul Lukas rips this pretty hard.

https://uni-watch.com/2018/02/21/up- :censored:-creek-gophers-unveil-new-uni-set/

This ought to move a couple of you to Minnesota's corner.

"When he inevitably moves on to his next coaching gig, and the one after that, and the one after that, will those schools wear the oar?"

That's what I've been wondering ever since these were released... how far up the chain can he kick this? If he does well enough at Minnesota to be headhunted for a bigger job, I think we all might be sorely disappointed at what some high-profile schools are willing to give up to get the coach they want.

Minnesota’s new uniforms have a few decent combinations with this set.

Helmet   jersey     pants

maroon   white    maroon (best away set)

White    Maroon   White (best home set)

maroon  white      Gold

white      White    White

Maroon  white     White

white      White    Maroon

maroon maroon  white (average look)

the only decent look possible with the chrome helmet is Chrome helmet white jersey and maroon pants. 

There is some good in these uniforms, overall they just made some bad decisions. Why not have gold collars with the maroon jersey? 

7 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

"When he inevitably moves on to his next coaching gig, and the one after that, and the one after that, will those schools wear the oar?"

That's what I've been wondering ever since these were released... how far up the chain can he kick this? If he does well enough at Minnesota to be headhunted for a bigger job, I think we all might be sorely disappointed at what some high-profile schools are willing to give up to get the coach they want.

I agree, but wonder how far it can go. 

Minnesota is already a solid team in a great P5 conference. The only place to move up to is a top tier P5 team like Texas, USC, Penn State, etc. And the big thing about that upper tier is that they got there because of their traditions. I just can't see Notre Dame or Clemson jumping on Fleck's bandrowboat.

Maybe a "counterculture" school like Oregon or Maryland might work, but that's a small pool and mostly a lateral move. I feel like the only schools that will put up with his circlejerking are G5 or lower end P5. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

There's almost no defending Minnesota's design choices here, especially with Fleck insisting on putting all his stupid RTB stuff on them.  The maroon helmet looks odd when paired with the maroon jersey due to it having no white.  The chrome helmet and anthracite uniforms don't work at all.  Only good combo is maroon helmet, white jersey, and maroon pants.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:48 AM, aawagner011 said:

Better look at UVA:

I feel like the release of the Minnesota uniforms really overshadowed how great this Virginia Uniform set is. It deserves a lot of praise. If they add a Navy helmet and a white helmet that both have the double stripe motif the set will be golden. These uniforms are beautiful, and like many people have said, it would’ve looked great if Arizona would’ve done this (imagine the orange replaced with red and you got a solid Arizona look). Here’s a possible combination list that I’d like to see

Helmet Jersey Pants

White   Navy    White (home)

White   White   Navy   (Away)

White    White   White

Navy     White   Navy

White   Orange White (possibly a throwback helmet)

Navy    Orange Navy

white    Navy    Navy (for a big home night game)

8 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Who does this say more about? PJ Fleck's terrible mantras, design choices, and pushing his own branding on others? Or Minnesota for buying it all hook, line, and sinker?

This is all on Minnesota.  I guess this is what happens when you are desperate for attention and relevancy in college football.

Wait...remember in the early 2000s when we all thought Oregon went crazy with the....everything? Those look like classics now compared to this Golden Gopher update.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

12 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Minnesota already had a solid and modern look. There was absolutely no need for a change.

Fleck seriously needs to calm the :censored: down on his whole ROW THE BOAT motto.

If he had just changed the number pattern no one would have noticed. I guess that's the point of the changes. ?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived