XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

7 hours ago, CDCLT said:
9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Aside from the logo downgrade..

FpspnEuaEAEsiXb?format=jpg&name=240x240      FpspnEwaMAAm9He?format=jpg&name=360x360

I actually prefer the new logo, the old one was a little busy for me. Love the S the new one forms.

I don't mind the diminished detail on the new logo; the less busy face might indeed be better for most applications.

But I really dislike the S shape.. The original logo was clearly just part of the animal from the neck up; the new logo seems to depict the whole animal, giving it the look of a shrimp rather than a (sea) dragon.

And this brings me to the worst aspect of the new identity: the name.  There's no good reason for "Sea Dragons" as a nickname instead of "Dragons".  The addition of the unnecessary word "Sea" completly robs the name of its power and grandeur.  Not since the Arena Football League's Portland Forest Dragons has there been such a silly moniker.

• Like 7

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

Aside from the logo downgrade..

FpspnEuaEAEsiXb?format=jpg&name=240x240      FpspnEwaMAAm9He?format=jpg&name=360x360

10 hours ago, CDCLT said:

I actually prefer the new logo, the old one was a little busy for me. Love the S the new one forms.

St. Louis Battlehawks vs. Seattle Sea Dragons Prediction and Preview (XFL  Football) - AthlonSports.com | Expert Predictions, Picks, and Previews

Seattle Dragons' uniforms, helmet

The thing that throws me off a bit is that the dragon is a S, so when he's on the left side of the helmet he's facing away from the line of scrimmage. But it's better than doing what the Utah Blaze did and flipping the B to face the wrong way. 

Utah Blaze Riddell Speed Mini Football Helmet - 417 Helmets

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I really like Seattle’s look from the neck down, but am not sure I’m on board with the helmet. The first problem is the finish; it looks more copper to me than orange, and it looks a bit mismatched with the rest of the set. And second, even if it were true orange with no copper-ish finish, I think it’d be too much orange altogether. I almost feel for some reason like a navy helmet would strike the perfect balance across the set. It at least looks a lot better in my head than the copper-orange does, and would go better with the navy socks too. There’s still the fire from the logo on the helmet, so the helmet wouldn’t lose an orange tie with the color shell switch.

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Yeah neither version of the Seattle (Sea) Dragons have gotten the helmet right. Navy would be a batter helmet color, IMO.  Put me in the original logo camp, too. The new S dragon is stubby. Logo aside, the color hierarchy is wrong for me, too much orange. I’d go with navy/green on relatively equal footing with some splashes of orange. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ralphz said:

Not trying to be a contrarian, @Cujo, but I thought that original logo was too busy for the helmet. Their lid was my least favorite of the second XFL iteration. 

Seattle could've used their 2.0 logo and just added a tail to it. But nah. Dwayne wants them to wear clipart.

• LOL 1

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Seattle Dragons' uniforms, helmet

I’m sorry, but this 2020 Seattle helmet is superior in every way from the current Sea Dragons helmet. From the clip art logo to the over done reptile-patterened stripe down the middle, the current helmet is a mess. Frankly, I’m surprised to see so many people on here like it.  

Of the last two XFL iterations, the 2020 Seattle helmet comes in second to the 2020 St. Louis helmet.

It’s not even close.

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

On 2/23/2023 at 10:43 PM, CDCLT said:

I think if they enlarged the current logo it would look better. But not having both sides face forward due to the S shape takes away from it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The jagged stripes on the Guardians logo really messed me up.  Looked like a badger's stripes on a big cat.  Someone in this thread finally pointed out to me that it's just a panther.  The lines on the old logo were stone embellishments on a gargoyle, but they just copied them over and stylized them without care for whether they made any sense or not.  Kinda says a lot about the 2.0 to 3.0 rebrandings.

spacer.png

spacer.png