2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind if the Ravens wear purple pants against black-heavy teams like last night and hopefully at Pittsburgh in Week 4, but I still think black works as a better pant color. Obviously a purple and white stripe and/or purple socks would improve that look, but something just looks off when a white jersey is worn with a dark helmet and pants that are a lighter color, much like if the Jags wore white over teal or when the Skins wore white over gold or the Seahawks wear white over grey. Teams like the Steelers are an exception. I also think that the Vikings wearing purple pants is enough.

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I don't mind if the Ravens wear purple pants against black-heavy teams like last night and hopefully at Pittsburgh in Week 4, but I still think black works as a better pant color. Obviously a purple and white stripe and/or purple socks would improve that look, but something just looks off when a white jersey is worn with a dark helmet and pants that are a lighter color, much like if the Jags wore white over teal or when the Skins wore white over gold or the Seahawks wear white over grey. Teams like the Steelers are an exception. I also think that the Vikings wearing purple pants is enough.

So we've got something like 7 NFL teams who wear dark blue pants, but .... only 1 club with purple pants and that is more than "enough"?

Yeah ... that makes a lot of sense. ?

I agree with many of the others, the Ravens should make the purple pants their primary's when wearing the white jerseys, but they really need some white socks .. the black ones just didn't work.

ravens-bengals-football-417eaba11e8332d2

I'd be curious to know how many teams have had items in their style guides that never got used. I assume as mentioned before, it would mostly just be pants since they're not as stricty regulated. As I recall, those orange Bears pants that showed up in Madden one year (and has appeared in later editions of the series) were in the style guide despite never actually being worn.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

I'd be curious to know how many teams have had items in their style guides that never got used. I assume as mentioned before, it would mostly just be pants since they're not as stricty regulated. As I recall, those orange Bears pants that showed up in Madden one year (and has appeared in later editions of the series) were in the style guide despite never actually being worn.

There's these...vikespants.png

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Wflvhi9.png

I found this in the Niners 2012 style guide hidden and clipped away from everything else. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

14 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Wflvhi9.png

I found this in the Niners 2012 style guide hidden and clipped away from everything else. 

Wow, I remember hearing something about the 49ers wearing 1950's throwbacks at some point. This must've been it. It's funny though cause 2012 was the last time teams could wear alternate helmets.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived