2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

They have been using it in most of their social media material this season.  I'm not sure why.

Website banner (and, yes, the slogan is pretty bad) --

iljogbr29xgweuh1kwkn

So wait, they have all of the iconic quotes from Edgar Allan Poe to choose from and they chose that?!

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore" would at least be a cheeky reference to their defensive prowess...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

So wait, they have all of the iconic quotes from Edgar Allan Poe to choose from and they chose that?!

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore" would at least be a cheeky reference to their defensive prowess...

They've used "Nevermore" in the past, if memory serves me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

They have been using it in most of their social media material this season.  I'm not sure why.

Website banner (and, yes, the slogan is pretty bad) --

iljogbr29xgweuh1kwkn

I like the font. It feels like a hybrid between gothic and modern styles, which is right about where the Ravens branding should be IMO. 

24 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'm all for it. Better than red.

With facemasks now being interchangeable in the NFL, I’m kind of surprised we haven’t seen the Bills go with blue facemasks for a game. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Panthers will more than likely wear black pants this week 

They posted this on their IG and only really use jungle graphics the few times they went all black

v8q8b6.png

5clshd.png

They have not worn all black since 2013 against the 49ers in the playoffs 

usatsi_7670888.jpg

Confirmed

Yeah, they can burn the black pants. Don’t like w white jerseys, don’t like w black jerseys. Only ok w blues.  even then the white pant/blue jersey looks much sharper. 

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

On 10/31/2018 at 8:25 AM, leopard88 said:

The Ravens don't usually post their weekly Gameday summary until the beginning of each week, so it should be current/accurate.

I mean it could have changed since the uniform designation guide was created in July.  I don’t have an updated one so if the ravens changed their minds then there you go.   But this one wasn’t a typo because then steelers were listed I wear color jerseys.   So if it changed it was a late decision.  

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

2 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

When 2 teams that are located close to each other play the NFL should let both teams wear their Home uniforms as long as there's enough contrast ex: 49ers vs Raiders tonight or Giants vs Jets

I disagree.

This should only apply to the Giants and Jets since they groundshare, and in 2022 when the Chargers host the Rams it should also apply IF the Chargers wear their powder blues, and the Chargers are still based in Los Angeles by then. Hopefully not, they need a fan-base, something they're not gonna get in LA.

Only reason USC and UCLA should and do is because they groundshared for a great many years up until the Raiders moved to LA, so that tradition had already begun and was always quite popular, plus both universities are based in Los Angeles.

15 hours ago, VikWings said:

The Panthers actually look good in all black provided they wear the blue socks, which I think they're doing.

Now that one I totally agree with.  (with the white or black jerseys)

The leotard look was awful the time that they went with the black socks.

24832819226_17616c59b5_o.jpg

carolina-panthers-vs-philadelphia-eagles

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Did anyone suspect when these uniforms debuted that they'd be around for the next 15 years?

901983136.jpg.0.jpg

The problem with this set is that the black jerseys were far superior. Making the red the new primary just doesn't do it for me. Alternate OK. But primary? Nope. I miss the black jerseys and the black pants. 

Should it have lasted 15 years? No. But the black would have been more tolerable as a primary color. 

michael-vick-of-the-atlanta-falcons-in-a

spt_13_nflgamer.IMG_12-13-2005_VP68POQ_t

michaelvick.jpg

Packers-Falcons-4.jpg

Go A's!

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but according to an e-mail sent by the Packers Pro Shop, the Packers are wearing Color Rush at Seattle on November 15.

Any clue as to whether Seattle also going color rush that day? The all whites might make sense if the Packers are arrayed against a giant wall of snot.

14 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Any clue as to whether Seattle also going color rush that day? The all whites might make sense if the Packers are arrayed against a giant wall of snot.

I just assume they will be in all Seahawk Navy Blue (not to be confused with everyone else's navy blue ? )

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Better than those God-awful navy pants, but this teams needs light blue in their color scheme..

This is the Titans best combo because the white drowns out and mitigates the double-grey crap. Also, it's nice of them to try to minimize the navy participation when the Cowboys decided to pull out their navies against them again for some reason. Still, God help them.

Archived