2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well how 'bout that...the Snatit actually held them off! That's a big win on the road in prime time (granted it was the Cowboys--but still, road game in prime time for the Snatit--the same team that lost to NATHAN PETERMAN), and today, pretty much the top team and nemesis on their home field. And Jonnu Smith actually caught another TD! (Speaking of catches, looks like Corey Davis is finally figuring out how to use his hands!) Something Definitely happened during their bye week...I guess I'll give them back their proper nickname, now--at least for one more week.

And speaking of weeks...I just peeked at the Snatit Titans' remaining schedule. They have back-to-back road division games at Indy (who just took down the Jaguars), and Houston who they already beat once, then back-to-back home dates vs NYJ (after today, that should be a cake walk), and the Jags, whose number Tennessee clearly has. After that, a road trip up to NYG, then back-to-back home dates vs Washington and Indy to close out. IF they can keep this hot streak going, they have a very real shot at running the table the rest of the way. Division games are always tricky, but the South is butt right now so that shouldn't be an issue. They can beat both New York squads (they had better beat the Jets for sure!)...the only possible problem I see for them is Washington, and that's because of a guy who before two weeks ago I'd never heard of, but then watched him against the Falcons: Ryan Kerrigan. That dude is a straight-up beast, and I can see him giving the Titans' O-line all kinds of fits. Even if they drop that one, that'd still put them at 11-5 if they win the rest. That'd be quite the recovery from the .500 start.

Of course, all that sounds nice in theory...but that's why they play the games.

If nothing else, today's win certainly got this city jazzed all the way up right now. Let's see if they can keep it going...or if the Snatit returns...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I thought Hue Jackson had a decent-to-bad year coaching the Browns before the 1-15 year, but apparently 1-15 was his first. That a coach started 1-31 with a team and was brought back for a third year is INSANE.

Predicting the 12 playoff teams with 7 weeks left: 

AFC

1. Chiefs (13-3)

2. Patriots (12-4)

3. Steelers (10-5-1)

4. Texans (10-6)

5. Chargers (11-5)

6. Dolphins (9-7) - grabs last playoff spot over Titans with head-to-head victory tiebreaker

-Bengals fade down the stretch

NFC

1. Saints (13-3)

2. Rams (12-4)

3. Vikings (10-5-1)

4. Cowboys (9-7) - Jekyll & Hyde Dallas somehow wins the division

5. Panthers (10-6)

6. Seahawks (9-7) - grabs last playoff spot over Eagles on conference record tiebreaker  

-Bears & Redskins fade down the stretch 

Not disputing that 12-4 is possible, but the Rams schedule ends with Chiefs (neutral site) BYE, @ Lions, @ Bears, Eagles, @ Cardinals, 49ers

12-4 seems to assume the Rams drop every remaining game they have against a team with a pulse in a playoff seeding race which, I'm not sure they do.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Greater MVP candidate Ram: Todd Gurley or Aaron Donald?

Gurley - 198 carries (NFL leader), 988 yards rushing (NFL leader), 13 TDs rushing (NFL leader), 40 receptions, 402 yards receiving, 4 TDs receiving... total TD leader, total yards leader, total points leader, total touches leader

Donald - 34 tackles, 12.5 sacks (NFL leader, career high... it's week 10), 16 tackles for loss (NFL leader) 2 fumble recoveries (career high)

Okay, yeah, it's still definitely Todd Gurley, but damn Aaron Donald is a bad man.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

16 hours ago, rams80 said:

Not disputing that 12-4 is possible, but the Rams schedule ends with Chiefs (neutral site) BYE, @ Lions, @ Bears, Eagles, @ Cardinals, 49ers

12-4 seems to assume the Rams drop every remaining game they have against a team with a pulse in a playoff seeding race which, I'm not sure they do.

I'm predicting they lose to the Chiefs in Mexico, a let down at Detroit or Chicago and then they rest a bunch of starters against the 49ers because the Saints will have clinched the 1 seed earlier in the day giving the Rams the 2 seed. 

If you're pulling the starters, you make that call earlier in the week.

21 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Gurley - 198 carries (NFL leader), 988 yards rushing (NFL leader), 13 TDs rushing (NFL leader), 40 receptions, 402 yards receiving, 4 TDs receiving... total TD leader, total yards leader, total points leader, total touches leader

Donald - 34 tackles, 12.5 sacks (NFL leader, career high... it's week 10), 16 tackles for loss (NFL leader) 2 fumble recoveries (career high)

Okay, yeah, it's still definitely Todd Gurley, but damn Aaron Donald is a bad man.

BRB photoshopping a 99 jersey on the Hulk.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Today, we are all otaku.

3 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Posts like this one makes me wish for a 'thumbs down' option here... and yes, I'm still sore over the Lambs winning yesterday.

Although I do have to thank Dante Fowler for his wonderful antics in keeping a Seattle drive alive. No wonder Jacksonville shipped him off...

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

All good things must come to an end ?

I only regret he couldn't make me more money.

Perhaps when he resurfaces in Arizona or the never time Minnesota hits a down cycle.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, Wings said:

I'm predicting they lose to the Chiefs in Mexico, a let down at Detroit or Chicago and then they rest a bunch of starters against the 49ers because the Saints will have clinched the 1 seed earlier in the day giving the Rams the 2 seed. 

When you say Detroit, do you mean the Detroit Lions?  I'm not sure you've seen them play recently.

15 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

When you say Detroit, do you mean the Detroit Lions?  I'm not sure you've seen them play recently.

There's always a wacky upset here and there. For example: Buffalo over Minnesota ;)

Archived