AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

20 hours ago, king_mahalo said:

seems like a ridiculous argument. How many teams out there are called the Wildcats, or the Bears, or Bulldogs, or Tigers? Nobody will be confusing an OHL team in Flint with an AHL team in Palm Springs, CA. 

At the risk of beating a dead horse...it kinda makes me wonder what Vegas could have accomplished if they actually talked with the London Knights. That being said, I do appreciate the Henderson Silver Knights brand and how it helps to grow the overall Knights brand.

Meanwhile...it seems like Seattle was pretty adamant about using the Firebirds name. I know it's been shot down whenever it's been brought up, but could this be a sign that Seattle wants to adopt the Thunderbirds name? In addition to the historical significance of the name, it would be a clever tie-in to the Seahawks (another bird) and the Supersonics (the USAF Thunderbirds were the world's first supersonic demonstration team). 

• Like 5

The Prince Albert Raiders unveiled their 50th anniversary logo.

Generic-Releasae-50th-1024x614.jpg

The Raiders started as a Jr. A team in 1971 and moved up to the WHL as an "expansion" team in 1982.

The green star represents their Memorial Cup championship, the gold stars represent their two WHL championships and the white stars represent their four national championships from their Jr. A days.

• Like 4

IbjBaeE.png

When I saw they dropped the light blue, I kinda figured we were in store for something more along the lines of the Flyers' use of orange, black and white, but whoa, they really leaned into that grey didn't they? And all that piping... yikes.

• Like 2

The Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League (Jr. B ) unveiled their new logo today.

Old:

Greater_Ontario_Junior_Hockey_League_log

New:

105395873_1884618238340240_4209609026210

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

NAHL Kansas City Scouts release logo and uniforms

June 23, 2020 - 18:20 PM

The Kansas City Scouts of the North American Hockey League have revealed their official logo and uniforms. The team had announced on May 11, 2020, that it was relocating from Topeka, Kansas, to Kansas City and changing its name. The […]

Read More...

17 hours ago, nash61 said:

The Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League (Jr. B ) unveiled their new logo today.

Old:

Greater_Ontario_Junior_Hockey_League_log

New:

105395873_1884618238340240_4209609026210

I think I've made it as a graphic designer when a logo I've designed pops up on the SportsLogos forum, and I didn't post it. 

Ushering in a new era for the GOJHL! 

• Like 7