Your Uniform of Nostalgia

8 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I didn’t know you were from south of Provo too! Nice! What part?

You know what’s interesting about these uniforms is that, I guess in a way, they do evoke some nostalgia from me too because it’s what they wore when I went to high school, so it does bring me back to some good times all the same. I guess I’d just never really thought about them like that before!

I'm from Spanish Fork, currently residing in Orem! I love every Jazz uniform set in its own way, but those are the one's that I first identified my love of basketball with. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Trapper John said:

The road with the orange pants. 

floyd_little_hof_autographed_denver_bron

I remember this look from when I was just barely able to get what football was about.  I really thought the Broncos were a blue and red team.  (At that time. I thought the Bears were black and red... 70's TV was rough.)

Maybe I'm just old, but when Washington wears their dark jersey, it's as jarring to me as when Dallas wears navy.  Growing up in the Gibbs 1.0 era, they never wore burgundy at home, and teams didn't "force" them into it on the road, like they would occasionally do to Dallas.  I don't know the statistics, but there may have been seasons where they only wore their darks in Dallas.

Google "Mark Rypien Redskins" and only two of over the first hundred or so results show him in his burgundy jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

malone.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=680&h=

For better or worse these take me back to being a kid.

It's for worse.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

s_hughes.jpg

Ah, the good old days. When the Warriors' ownership was clueless and greedy, tacky jerseys ran rampant in the NBA, and my mom and I could watch some awful, awful basketball from the Oakland Arena's lower deck for $20 a ticket.

My 9-year-old self still can't believe what the heck the Warriors (and the NBA for that matter) have become.

I’m a little younger, so my memories of the craptacular Warriors involve the above set’s sequel:

920x920.jpg

You know what? I still like it.

hqdefault.jpg

Growing up in Australia, those Tampa Bay uniforms were the first NFL uniforms I ever saw thanks to brief coverage of the Super Bowl. I was 9 years old, I had a notebook where I would sketch uniforms in (mostly AFL and ODI cricket uniforms, because, Australia) and I remember drawing those pretty vividly because pewter was like a new colour to me.

When I see those, I think of drawing them, and I think of the simpler times of early childhood.

4 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

I'm from Spanish Fork, currently residing in Orem! I love every Jazz uniform set in its own way, but those are the one's that I first identified my love of basketball with. 

Lots of Provo in this thread. I’m not from Provo, but my grandpa is and my grandma’s from Lindon. As a third generation BYU grad, Provo will always feel like home for me. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

3 hours ago, Down Under Husker said:

Powder blues.

xrUurUI.jpg

140328180651-gary-carter-78112681-single

brett-photo1.jpg

outfielder-robin-yount-of-the-milwaukee-

57890439fd3cf4a4cc2c8d0bc18f237e.jpg

1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

tumblr_m0xw1rM5UN1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

PowerAlley1.jpg

I loved those powder/sky blues. The teams who wore them had/have the colours that blended in nicely. The Expos, Blue Jays, Brewers, Mariners and Phillies were my favourite powder blue MLB uniforms 

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe I'm just old, but when Washington wears their dark jersey, it's as jarring to me as when Dallas wears navy.  Growing up in the Gibbs 1.0 era, they never wore burgundy at home, and teams didn't "force" them into it on the road, like they would occasionally do to Dallas.  I don't know the statistics, but there may have been seasons where they only wore their darks in Dallas.

Google "Mark Rypien Redskins" and only two of over the first hundred or so results show him in his burgundy jersey.

As a kid, I felt like the Cunningham-era Eagles did the same thing.

@mgfoxx @Mingjai Small world! That’s awesome! I grew up in Santaquin. Between the three of us we span the county! ?

I’ve been racking my brain trying to think of any other uniforms I’d have a personal nostalgic connection to, and then DUH, my first minor league baseball experience!

5b50a7458408b.image.jpg?resize=500,751

51vAKc0V+0L._SY450_.jpg

Pretty much just your everyday minor league uniform from the time, nothing special, but anytime I see anything about the Provo Angels, I’m always brought back to going to my first minor league game with my city league team in 5th grade. We won the city championship and took 4th in state that year for our age group, and coach treated us all to a game a couple days after state was over. Good times!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived